Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Now I have a headache...

I am currently attempting to book space at a campground facility for Leo and I for the weekend of his brother's graduation from college. There are two campgrounds, and one of them is completely booked. The other one has yet to reply**. (Looking at cabins that have beds and bathrooms in them to "rent" for the 2 days we need them...on a lake that's not far from the college, and the campgrounds look pretty sweet, actually. IF they have availability, that is...)

This sucks. I feel like it's very, very important to go to the graduation, and I really want to! At this point, his parents have secured a place to stay through a friend...and it sounds like a good deal for them. A 2 bedroom house that's possibly even walking distance to the school. Awesome! But I got the idea she thought we could stay there, too. And I'm pretty sure that a 2 bedroom house only has one bathroom. For 5 adults to share all weekend? Gah. No thanks. Leo called and talked to her, and she apparently understood. (Although I don't know how much he keeps from me on things like that. So he could just be ommitting certain sensitive info. Which is fine, but just thinking about it makes my stomach turn. For some reason...)

I'm going to continue looking for a hotel as close as possible. I'm looking forward to seeing my in-laws, and spending the weekend at the graduation festivities. But this part? Trying to find a hotel to stay in, and all? I do NOT like this.

**UPDATE!: The other campground accepted my reservation! Yay! We have a log cabin with a bathroom (some of them were without, so this is a good thing) to stay in for the weekend of the graduation, and it's only 5 miles from the school! WOO! Day is looking up...

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

Good deal- happy to hear you have that off your mind.

Do you have to sleep in the wall on beds made of straw?

Faith said...

No, they have actual beds for us. Well, futons, anyway. I think.

I'll have to get back to you on that...