Friday, February 01, 2008

Oh my God...

My dad got the call from Stanford. He's on his way to get a lung transplant, everyone.

Hold your breath, cross your fingers and your toes, pray if that's you're thing...

This HAS to work. It just must.

I'm on my way to California tomorrow to meet with the Twin in LA and then drive up to Stanford with a car so my step mom and dad will have transportation once he's out of the hospital and in the recovery unit for the next 3 or 4 months. I'll be sure to update you all on the progress over the next week after he's had his surgery. I'm taking my work laptop, of course, so I can work from there.

I don't know what to do with myself. I'm not quite freaking out, but I'm not NOT freaking out either. Work is all askew, too, which isn't helping. *sigh!*

Just keep us in your thoughts, ok? Talk to you guys soon!

10 comments:

Sizzle said...

wow! that's great!

thinking good thoughts.

emawkc said...

Best wishes to your father, you and the rest of your family.

Janet said...

((((hugs))))

Travel safe!

Nuke said...

Wishing you and the fam only the best o luck girl!

Brad said...

Good luck with everything, Faith. I'll be thinking about you and your dad.

Mike said...

Good luck! Those docs out there are pretty good.

Heather said...

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Hope everything goes okay.

Xavier Onassis said...

All my best 70's hippy vibes are cascading your way!

Keep us posted as you can.

faithstwin said...

Hey all! Faith is a bit busy heading out here...I can tell you there was a LOT of prep involved and as of 8:30 tonight they were getting ready to roll him into surgery.

He was saying "hello" in the background when my Step Mom called to update me. Then he started coughing.

Faith flies into the Stanford area tomorrow mid-morning. I will update over at my blog as soon as I hear anything. He will be in surgery until at least 7 a.m. your time.

Thanks for the well-wishes! We are all in shock and are just having to take it one step at a time.

*hugs*

Tony said...

You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace,
Tony & Sheri