Friday, February 08, 2008

Shut UP, mom...

It's my birthday today, which by default means it's also the Twin's birthday today. We're 34 today. Which is officially the age when I get to start punching people in the face that lament turning 25, 26, or whatever, because they think they're getting old. If you're not from Ork, then that's just how it works, genius. Get over it. (Or I'll punch you in the face. Don't say I didn't warn ya!)

The other night, the house phone rang. I got up to answer it even though it's not a common practice for me to answer the landline at home anymore due to all the phone calls just being solicitors or people with a "survey" for me. But as dad was in the hospital and all, and I don't know what numbers he has for me in his cell phone, I answered it just in case it was him. It wasn't him...

"Hello, may I speak to the head of the household?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," I replied. "You must have the wrong number!" And I hung up.

I told Leo what the person said, and his response was, "They were offering head to the household, and you hung up?"

*sigh!* Living with a boy is fun.

17 comments:

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!

Spyder said...

Hope it's great wonderful one.

Erin said...

Felicidades!

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday!

emawkc said...

To quote Alisha, "Happy Birthday!"

meesha.v said...

happy birthday!

Sizzle said...

do you think those kinds of callers ask that when they hear a man's voice on the phone? i wonder about this.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

lyn said...

Happy Birthday! We'll be able to have a drink to celebrate next week!

Average Jane said...

Happy Birthday, young 'un!

I never get to complain about my age because my husband is 10 years old than I am.

Faith said...

Yeah, and you don't want him to punch you in the face now, do ya? :P

Thank everyone! (Drinks with Lyn next week! YAY!)

KC Sponge said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Heather said...

Wow...and I thought turning 33 was going to suck.

JUST KIDDING!!!

I'll buy you a birthday drink at the next meetup. Happy Birthday!!!

jen said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one.

Xavier Onassis said...

с днём рождения!

meesha.v said...

I am here to certify that the comment above is not a four letter word.

Nightmare said...

Happy B-day! And Leo is right, head is fun! Even when given by strangers on the phone!!

Nuke said...

OK, I got here late but happy birthday (you young effing kid)!