Monday, February 11, 2008

Suck your what?

Am I the only one that gets bothered by the verification question on certain websites that asks what year I graduated high school? My work computer doesn't allow the cookie to be maintained for my specific savings account website, so I have to answer the random security questions every time I visit the site from work. First of all, I'm at an age where it's not only close to unbelievable that its been so long since I graduated high school, it's kind of shocking to just think back on it. Second of all, what the fuck kind of security question is that anyway? I mean, all of you know how old I am...all you have to do is do the fucking math, and you have that answer all worked out, dontcha? Stupid savings account website...

Leo and I bought a new puppy today. We went into the pet store (yes, we bought the puppy from an eeevvviiilll pet store...don't give me grief about it, or I'll delete your comment) intending to buy an adorable mini schnauzer that we met yesterday when we visited. We wanted to think it over, though, and look into mini schnauzers in our Dog Bible first, and all that good stuff. Well, we were looking pretty forward to getting her today (she was all black, and we were going to name her "Ella" after Ella Fitzgerald, because how cute is THAT?), but as soon as we walked in, I could see that they didn't have the sign up on her cage anymore, and as we got closer, I could see she was gone.

There were some other really cute puppies that I'd noticed there as well, but didn't want to be all, "Ok, we're done feeling this one up. Let's see one of those..." when we were in there yesterday, so I just looked them up online this morning to see what their breed tends to be like...temperament and size-wise and everything. It seemed like a good option, in case something like what happened occurred. (i.e. that the dog we were initially interested in was gone, for those of you who are unable to follow my special brand of the English language I use...)

So we visited with a male Shih-poo (a.k.a. shisa poo; a.k.a. shih tzu-poo) puppy, and we really liked him. His sister looked pretty sad after a while when he wasn't back in the cage with him, but she was adorable so I'm sure she'll be picked up in no time. In reading the Dog Bible last night about bringing a new puppy into a home with an already existing dog, it suggested that opposite sex additions are really good ideas when looking to get old dog and new dog to get along. Historically, that's what's worked best for the 2-dog families I know. The only one that I currently know that is a same-sex pair is an old pair of golden retrievers. And as we all know, those dogs will get along with anything...

So tomorrow, you'll be bombarded with photos of our newest addition. We're going to be working hard to train him over the next few weeks, so you KNOW there'll be stories to tell. As it is, Leo told me that as soon as I left after we'd picked him up (I needed to get back to work), he took a dump in the living room. Awesome. And so it begins...

With Izzy, we didn't have such a hard time training her, since the Twin had given her some really good training to begin with, and we weren't able to get her until she was about 4 months old. This puppy is only 2 months old. So we're startin' from scratch, baby! We'll crate train him for his own safety, and eventually he'll be able to hang out in the kitchen when we're at work like Izzy does now that she's a grown up (she turned 2 last week!). I can't wait for the ear plugged nights, and the scrubbing of pee from all the carpets in the house. Woo! (He already tried to snake two of Izzy's chew bones, and did a little dance in her water bowl as they ran around with each other after initially meeting...which I got on video. This might be the thing that forces us to figure out how to upload our videos from the video recorder I got for Christmas, btw.)

He's an adorable little fuzz ball, though, so I need to try to restrain myself from going all Lennie on his ass, just like I had to do with Izzy when she was a baby puppy dog. (I still do it sometimes, though. But now that she's bigger and has thicker skin and bones, it's tougher to "pop" her, I'd think.) Here's a page that shows what some Shih-poo puppies look like...Jake (that's what Leo named him) is a bit bigger, and has longer and curlier hair. But the face is pretty well the same. Like I said...look forward to photos of him tomorrow.

Ok, I'm off to get some flipping work done now! Monday is flying by....

4 comments:

Nuke said...

Hehe sounds like a great pup. The mixed breed dogs I have known have all been smart ad friendly, hape jake is as well!

alisha said...

OMG cute! Jake and Izzy, can't wait to meet him!

Spyder said...

Congrats to the new parents! I was trying to read this over a Great Dane head. It would be much easier with a smaller dog head.

meesha.v said...

ditto on the retarded security questions. at least if it asks me what my middle name is I can guarantee the no one can spell it but me.