Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Powerball Hate

Apparently, 8 coworkers in a West Virginia county tax office might be the winners of the $276 million Powerball contest that occurred this past Saturday. The woman in the center below, Allecia Priore, is one of the 8 "winners."


(*Image lovingly borrowed from MSNBC.com...*)

Can I just say that if I have a high probability of being one of 8 people who might be receiving a $12 million payout (after taxes and splitting with the other participants) in a little while, you wouldn't catch me without a HUGE shit-eating grin on my muthafuckin' face, ok? Why is she so serious?

Also, I don't know that I'd be able to do any work at all, so I probably would call in sick until I knew, for sure, if we won the goddammed money. That might just be me, though.

I'm just bitter because I didn't win. In fact, not a single number that was drawn showed up within the 4 quick picks I purchased. THAT is how much the Powerball is telling me (and Leo) to go suck it.

Asshole Powerball...

9 comments:

emawkc said...

My Supermodel Wife and I have our own version of Powerball, and she wins every time.

Heather said...

If anyone values their sanity, don't ask Emaw to elaborate. I have a feeling it has something to do with a live chicken, a hanger, and some peach preserves.

I don't usually play Powerball, but I bought a $5 ticket on a whim, and won $7. I got my $5 back, plus some for a bottle of Snapple.

meesha.v said...

lady at work won several million (more than one)AND has guaranteed retirement from the company with over 30 years service. still shows up for work every day.

faithstwin said...

Hey meesha: ever try asking her for some cash?

I knew a guy who won a multi-million dollar lawsuit against a hospital on two seperate occasions, but he still worked part time at the cigarette shop he and I worked at. His name was Skip and he was, honest to God, one of the coolest men I had ever met. And the job SUCKED. There was no reason to be there, really. Maybe he was just crazy.

Faith said...

Hope that's fun for ya, Emaw. *shudders*

Yeah, saw this chick on t.v. this morning as she and her coworkers collected their big, fake check for the cameras, and she STILL wasn't smiling. Perhaps her face is paralyzed? I dunno. If she doesn't want her portion, though, I'm sure there would be some willing takers out there. (Hint: Me! Me!!! Give it to meeeee!)

faithstwin said...

Maybe she has a disorder that doesn't allow her to show emotion? It might be very frustrating to all of her co-workers and they all will insist she use as much of her winnings as possible to fix that.

I just saw a quick flash of all of them- ummm, like only two of them were cracking a smile? She's not the only one! What's caused you to single out that bitch, eh?

Faith said...

See photo in original post. She was the only one in it, DUH. So when I saw her AGAIN, it frustrated me.

Jerk. :P

meesha.v said...

I think that a sleepless night or two, few days of being over-excited and a the fact that every asshole with a TV will know who you are and how much money you have will suck the smiling out of you. But I could be wrong.

Nuke said...

And how much does it suck that a bunch of fucking TAX COLLECTORS won?