Monday, March 17, 2008

I feel dirty.

I've decided to detox this week. My body was feeling all puffy and ucky and I was getting so full after every meal I ate over the weekend that I decided it was time to take a break, flush the system as best I could, and hopefully start anew after a week or two.

So I'm drinking fruit smoothies in the morning (frozen berries, a protein powder that I get at Whole Foods that adds a shit ton of protein but is low sugar/low carb, ground flax seed, and cranberry juice - preferably unsweetened cranberry juice, but I couldn't find that kind, so I settled for a 100% juice that is a mix of grape juice and cranberry for now. It'll still do the trick), and having one of those awesome Thomas's english muffins that are only 100 calories but have 6 grams of fiber in them with a little butter.

It seems to be doing the trick. I'm peeing like a mad-woman (thanks to all the water I drank as well after I finished my smoothie this morning, as well as the diuretic properties inherently included in the cran juice), and I won't talk about the other stuff going on, but let's just say it's all doing what it should be doing.

And then lunch will be my home-made version of a t.v. dinner: 3.5 oz of chicken (baked with either terragon and a little sea salt, or a dill mixture and a little sea salt), about half a cup of white rice, and some canned green beens (found some Green Giant kind at the market yesterday that were 50% lower sodium...nice!).

Snack at the end of the work day is a high fiber pasta (about 1/4 cup) with crab meat, tossed in a little asian vinaigrette. Yum!

Dinners will be pretty normal...tonight is chicken fajita night! Yay!

It was either this or getting Leo to help me with an enema. We both decided this was a better idea to start with.

Shit! I just realized I left my really yummy snack at home. That was what I was going to eat before heading to pilates tonight, dammit! Shit, shit, shit! Oh well...

I just was feeling so gross inside, and my skin was all blotchy and weird after my workout on Saturday, and I seriously couldn't understand the full feeling I was getting after just a small amount of food every time I tried to eat over the weekend. So let's hope this works!

Hope everyone else had a good weekend. Basketball, beer, and bloating. It was a good time for me...

5 comments:

Sizzle said...

The Fella and I were just talking about cleanses. We feel ugh inside too.

meesha.v said...

You husband helps you with enemas! That's love. I would shake his hand but I am having second thoughts.

Faith said...

Nuh-uh, Meesha! It was either this OR the enema! I chose the food and beverage detox instead.

Because no one needs to help me with an enema. Seriously. Wow...bad, bad, bad.

Well, except for H-Train. She's the pro, and all...

faithstwin said...

I have one word of advice to those who are looking to have surgery of any kind involving the gut: a day or so after when the nurse asks if you have had any bowel movements? SAY YES. The alternative? Not fun. Eventually, things will start moving again. I have had two kids and BOTH times I was smart enough to bluff if needed. My roommate the second time? Not so lucky...enemas sound soooo pleasant!

Coley said...

Oh Faithstwin, I was so quick to say YES, as they were withholding food! I never even imagined they might sneak an enema. Gah.
Ewwww. Enema.