Tuesday, March 11, 2008

*Update to the Bathroom*

We received the final plans for the bathroom addition, based on the changes we requested from the architect, and made our final decision based on the space and layout and everything involved. Here it is!


That dotted line through both rooms is, of course, showing where the rooms currently end. We'd extend the "master" another 2 feet, giving us plenty of room to get a king sized bed without crowding the room too much, as well as give us more space in the 3rd, and currently way too teensy, bedroom we use as office space.

But, hell...that closet alone makes me want to roll around on the floor in ecstasy, though. I mean, holy LORD, we need that space!

My plan is to look into getting a frosted glass pocket door for the entrance into the closet/laundry space, so that the light from the window inside can come through even when the door is closed, since there isn’t another window around there for a bit. Yay!

I’m thinking of something along these lines…

Or this...
Not sure yet about fixtures, and stuff, but we’re probably going to do a semi-custom thing when it comes to our cabinets. Since we want the storage tower between the sinks (in the “vanity” position on the plan drawing), we’ll need to find the right vanity and sinks and all that good stuff, but they have a hell of a lot of standard issue shit available at Home Depot that will definitely fit the bill…just a few little things that might be out of their range, like the tower itself. But who knows? Here’s what I’m looking at, vanity-wise…
Or this...
That first vanity is the cheapo version...it costs $439 versus the second one coming in at a lovely $1233. (Both are available at Home Depot, btw.) These are just ideas, of course. I'd much rather have more surface space on the top of the vanity on both sides of the sink, so we might have to keep our eyes peeled for more (but also reasonable) options. Then again, the more surface space I have on top, the more clutter I'd be bound to have. So maybe it's best to just have the space for soap and a toothbrush stand, or whatever, and then keep everything else INSIDE the cupboards. Hm, novel idea...

Don't even get me started on the options places like Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware have for us. *shudders* I looooove those places. But I do NOT looooove their prices. Not worth it, really.

Hmm...I just thought of something. Where am I supposed to put my towel for when I get out of the shower? Hm. Oh well. I'll put it in the fucking LAUNDRY ROOM that will be right across the way from it. Yay!

Tonight, I am headed to yoga. I've been trying to talk Leo into to going with me for the past two days, but he's not having it. See, I'm starting a new routine. The old one grew stale and I started to skimp a lot on my workouts and I was just tired. Tired, tired, TIRED. So we're mixing things up around Ass de la Faith! I'll still see my personal trainer, but only once a week for an hour on Saturdays. (He has to work every day now that he and his new wife bought a house. Mwahahahahaha!) And then Mondays I go to a 30 minute pilates class, and do cardio before and after. And then Tuesdays I do yoga. Probably just the yoga, but I might do a 15 minute warm up if I can get to the gym early enough...don't see why not. And then Thursday it's yoga again, with definite cardio before hand. (The class on Thursday doesn't start until 7:30, so yeah...lots of time to do a 15 - 20 minute something on the bike or elliptical.)

Anyway, I'm hoping it will re-energize me. There's another pilates class I can go to on Sundays, I think, but we'll see if I can work my way up to doing that one seeing as it's the day after I work out with my trainer and the day before I do another pilates class. (Haven't done pilates before? Give it a go and you'll see what I mean. I got on the elliptical last night after I was done, and I'd even stopped to put on my shoes, and my heart rate to start was STILL at 162. Yeah...fucked. up.)

I'll keep you posted. On everything. (As usual...)

7 comments:

lyn said...

love the final version of the plans :)

it's a good idea to change up the workout routine to stay motivated. go you!

before i forget, i'll be in town again the week of the 24th. and probably in april too. woo hoo!!!

Spyder said...

Fuck, I'm worn out just reading your work out schedule! You amaze me.

Love the plan!

faithstwin said...

Cool! Can't wait to hear how it goes as it progresses. I dig the doors, too! The dark wood one seems more appropriate for the decor of the rest of the house...

Faith said...

Lyn! Yay!! Let me know what your schedule is...

Spyder, I was so tired last night by the time 10 p.m. rolled around, I felt and seemed drugged. This new routine is kicking my ass! (But in a nice way.)

Twin, I like the darker wood door, too, but the rest of the doors in the house will all be white. So I don't know how random it would be to suddenly have dark cherry doors in the bathroom like that. (I decided we should put them in both the pocket door locations within the bathroom itself, for symmetry purposes. The door to the bathroom from the bedroom will be a solid panel, similar to the doors we choose for the rest of the house.) But we'll see. Might depend on the vanity we choose.

Yay! I'm glad people are liking it!

H-Train said...

This new plan kicks ass. I'm glad you didn't go with the bathtub between the sinks.

Can't wait to see the finished product!! Take lots of pics!!!

KC Sponge said...

Hey - not dead, but thanks for caring!

I like the more ruggedy vanity without the marble top - but I really like the $400 price tag of the other one . . . there's more options around . . . the Foundation in the West Bottoms is having an Urban Bazaar this weekend - they could have some really cool ideas if not items - its free on Saturday . . . foundationkc.com. Check it out!!

And can't wait to karaoke with you again!! =)

Coley said...

Faith, that closet alone... *drool*
I think you found the perfect design here, the best stuff from all the designs. Shower bench? Whirlpool tub? Laundry within arms reach of the closet? Perfection.