Thursday, April 03, 2008

No cheating!

This has been making its rounds. I must say, some of your guys’ favorite movies are really obscure. Freaks.

This should be relatively easy for many of you. I hope…(but maybe that’s because I like NORMAL movies. Sheesh!)

Movie meme
-Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
-Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
-Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
-Fill in the film title once it’s been guessed.

THE RULES:
-Leave guesses in the comments.
-No Googling or using IMDB search functions.
-Know-it-alls, limit your guesses to three movies.


1. “Dude, mimes don’t talk.”
“They do when they’re off duty.” (Saving Silverman - Hoopstar)


2. “What kind of hippie am I? Man, I'm a business hippie, I understand the concept of supply and demand.” (Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle - Amy)


3. “I have learnt how to live... How to be In the world and Of the world, and not just to stand aside and watch. And I will never never again run away from life. Or from love, either...”


4. “Vanity working on a weak mind produces every kind of mischief.” (Emma - Waldo Oiseau)


5. “No way that just happened. My car is completely destroyed.”
“I swear I've seen a lot of stuff in my life, but that... was... *awesome*.” (Tommy Boy - Emaw)


6. “But I’m not 200 hundred years old. Why can’t I sleep in pajamas?”
“Pajamas?”
“Just the top part. Did you know there are people who sleep with absolutely nothing on at all?”
“I rejoice to say I did not.”


7. “Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of silly persons!” (Monty Python and the Holy Grail - Emaw)


8. “I'll tell you what I am - I'm the damn paterfamilias! You can't marry him!” (O Brother, Where Art Thou? - Emaw)


9. “If you cannot think of anything appropriate to say you will please restrict your remarks to the weather.” (Sense and Sensibility - Waldo Oiseau)


10. “Thirteen million and you drive this piece of shit cross country to pick me up?”
“Blew it all on the suit.” (Ocean's Eleven - Faithstwin)


11. “If two members of staff have to fall in love and decide to get married, there's nothing one can say. But what I do find a major irritation are those persons who are simply going from post to post looking for romance.”


12. “I am the greatest swordsman that ever lived. Say, um, can I have some of that water?”


13. “The only real challenge with this job, is trying to look busy when there's nothing to do.” (Clockwatchers - Cheri) (Thank GOD someone else had seen this movie besides me! I was starting to worry...and it's a fave of mine because I spent so much of my administrative professional life as a temp in different positions. It spoke to me.)


14. “And you and I would have never been at war. And the only things we would've fought about would be what video to rent on Saturday night.”
“Well, who fights about that?”
“Well, some people. Not us.” (You've Got Mail - Christy)


15. “I'm having a birthday party, but you're not invited, but you can come if you want.” (What's Eating Gilbert Grape - Amanda)

18 comments:

faithstwin said...

#9. Emma (?)
#10. Ocean's Eleven.

Faith said...

Wrong on #9. Close, though...

faithstwin said...

Pride and Prejudice?

Faith said...

Ok, just stop guessing at that one. You're on the right track, but unless you get it the next time around, you're OUT!

I'm surprised you don't know any others. Not even #7 or #8? C'MON!!

emawkc said...

#5 = Tommy Boy

#7 = Monty Python's and the Holy Grail

#8 = O Brother, Where Art Thou?

faithstwin said...

I don't watch movies over and over and over again like you do. =P

Nicely done Emaw...

Hoopstar said...

I can only get one on your list.

#1 is Saving Silverman

Amanda said...

Is #13 Office Space? It has to be, right???

Amanda said...

The last one is What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I'm pretty positive on that one. Mmmmm, Johnny Depp.

Faith said...

Amanda, no on #13. It's more indy of a flick than that, actually. It's gonna be a tough one unless someone has watched it a few times, like I have...

I'm surprised no one has gotten #2 and #12. Let's go people!

Cheri said...

It looks like I've only seen 2 of those movies and 1 has already been guessed. #13 is Clockwatchers. Maybe I'll go watch it again - it's been awhile.

Waldo Oiseau said...

If #4 is not Pride & Prejudice, then it might be Emma. That's my final answer.

Waldo Oiseau said...

#9 is Sense & Sensibility! Yes?

Waldo Oiseau said...

#11, Bridget Jones' Diary?

Waldo Oiseau said...

#12, The Princess Bride?

Faith said...

Waldo, yes on #4 and #9.

No on #'s 11 and 12, though. You're on the right kind of track with #12.

Christy said...

14. You've Got Mail

If you like this one and want to be super-nerdy sometime, go for the trifecta:

Shop Around the Corner
In the Good Old Summertime
You've got Mail

Amy said...

#2- Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle