Friday, April 04, 2008

Pssst!

Our trash this week = 1 bag. That was IT. 1 fucking bag.

Holy goddamn. We're pretty damned proud of ourselves. We cooked 5 of the 7 nights, even. I don't know how we did it.

Chimpo, we might consider the filter on the faucet when we change out the kitchen this spring. I've been thinking about that for a while, actually. I used to use Brita pitchers pretty religiously, but I drink a LOT of water...a LOT. It's hard for the Brita pitcher to keep up with me, to be quite honest! I'd think a larger dispenser would work well for me, but I've been lazy about it. Plus our fridge isn't all that fabulously sized, so it would take up a shit ton more room than my usual 4 or 5 bottles of water I cool at a time.

Anyway, we're working on it. It'd be nice to not have to lug home all that water from the store every week.

4 comments:

"The D" said...

No body likes a Show off!

Chimpo said...

We used to have the Brita pitcher, but it broker when we moved. Now I just drink water straight out of the tap. I don't even bother with a filter.

I thought about getting a big water cooler, but the tap is doing well enough for my lazy ass.

Chimpo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
statia said...

If you're redoing the kitchen, and there's room in the budget, why not just a new fridge with a built in water dispenser? The water is filtered, and the filters last awhile. A year or more, and we fill up a lot.

I mean unless you have a new perfectly good fridge. We had the pur filter and it just got to be a pain in the ass and you're always replacing filters.