Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weekend blogging!

Since I was remiss in adding the photos to my library that we had taken this last week, I thought I'd catch up on the photo album I've been creating of the reno project today. Even though it's a Saturday. My hair appointment that I was supposed to have got all fucked up, so you guys (whoever reads blogs on the weekend, anyway) get the benefit of my update! Yay you!

So here was what the foundation frames looked like when they put them up last week. It's crazy to think it was only 7 days ago, since they've gotten so much other stuff done since then, and they only did two days of work, really!


That yellow thing in the photo there is our gas line. I don't know when they plan on putting it into the ground, or what have you, but I hope they do it soon. It's making me nervous having it hanging out like that with all the activity going on around it. And with Jake's sharp teeth available to get wrapped around it at any given moment.

This was the crane that was brought in to get the cement poured into the frames on Tuesday, I think it was? Anyway, Leo got photos...

It was HUGE! I was talking to our back neighbor on Thursday after work, and apologizing for the mess and the noise and everything. He goes, "Oh no...nothing to worry about. It's so exciting to see it happening!" I hope all the neighbors feel that same way about it. Because I just feel bad. Maybe it's because I have a huge mess in my backyard? Could I be projecting my own negative feelings about the project, perhaps? I dunno...

Again, BIG crane. Very cool...
This guy was guiding the cement into the frames as it came out of the crane...seems like a fun job, right? I wouldn't mind it, anyway.

Leo and I will be living at the Hyatt Suites in OP starting Wednesday. I hope we'll be ok to move back into the house on Sunday, and that we won't be wasting our time at the hotel, either. The plan is for the framing of the new space to get started that day, which means the exterior walls come down. ::freaking out a little bit:: I'm really excited, but I also really hope that (a) Leo doesn't mind the hotel, since I already paid up front for it through Expedia (it was so reasonable that way!), and (b) that nothing happens between now and Wednesday to fuck up the plans. Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

meesha.v said...

"not wasting time in the hotel" sounds naughty. on the other hand what else is there to do.

lyn said...

looking good. i'm excited to see it when i am back in kc.

oh...and there are plenty of good things about living in a hotel. i'm mostly a fan of someone else making my bed every morning.

faithstwin said...

Lyn, I totally agree with you on that one!

Lookin' good on the work. I'd worry a bit about the gas line, too.