Monday, June 02, 2008

Framing begins..

So the framing began last week, and now the space is just about completely framed in, but I canonly post s many photos per post, so we'll start slow, kay?

Here's a guy cutting into the foundation for our crawlspace entry. So exciting! I think even I could fit through that hole, if need be...

This is the window in the little bedroom/office...we needed to move it over, since we're pushing the wall (to the right of the window) out 2 feet, and it'll be the new side of the shower. No need for a window in the shower, IMO. That could just be scary. I mean, we will have a little window in the shower...it's a ventilation thing. And it's on an outside wall. Because, that makes sense.

I just thought it was neat that we have basically nothing but plywood separating the room from the elements right now. Especially on a day like today. (I heard they cut a hole in the ceiling in the master today before they took off because the storm was moving in. Leo said, "There's a tarp over the hole..." And I said, "Oh, a tarp! Well, I didn't know that! Obviously, the tarp will keep the room from getting wet at all...")
Here's what I came home to find on Saturday. Walls!
This is the window that will be in the laundry room portion of the space...
And this is what it looks on the outside.
I don't know when they'll actually cut the holes and install the windows, but hopefully it'll happen soon. That'll make it look that much more complete, I think. even though it isn't nearly so. But still...WALLS!

6 comments:

faithstwin said...

Yay! I love walls! That looks great...I agree about the windows and stuff going in. It'll look much better then.

lyn said...

awesome :) can't wait to see it in person.

Spyder said...

I showed Kanga your photos & he asked if that guy was peeing in the corner! LOL!

Faith said...

Ah, such a powerful penis. It cuts through cement!

Spyder said...

Afraid of that! LOL!

Faith said...

I can see it now...

::Craaa-ACK! Sploosh!::

"Honey, I broke the toilet again."

"GawDAMmit!"