Monday, June 09, 2008

Haziness

I feel a bit ugh today. Yesterday was by far the worst day with this cold that I've had at this point. But today is only beginning, and I'm at work, so let's give it time to develop into something that could rival that, shall we? My nose feels stuffier now than it did this morning when I left the house, and I left my Advil Cold & Sinus at home, dammit. I'm afraid that if I go to buy some more, I might be listed somewhere as a possible meth creator...I just bought some yesterday. But I might not have any choice. No pain associated with the congestion right now, which is helpful. But the congestion...ugh.

It's amazing what the several doses of Robitussin yesterday did for my chest, though. I feel a good 75% clearer in there, and don't sound nearly as horrible. Woo!

So here was something fun that happened yesterday: I was sitting watching my 12t hour of HGTV when my phone rang. It was some woman from the Gladstone police department, and she was wondering if I was currently working on a project on my home? Yes, I was I told her. Putting an addition on. Why? Well, apparently there was a red truck that had a ladder in the back of it that had gotten into an accident, and they found a piece of paper in the truck that had my address on it. The driver had run after the accident occurred. I said that the roofers that had been at my house for the past two days had a red truck. I'd assume it was them. So she had the deputy on the scene call me to chat, and he said that the woman this dude had hit was at the hospital with serious injuries, and they'd had to extricate her from her car, etc, etc...Badness all around! He wanted to know if I knew what company the guy worked for. I told him I was working with a contractor, and gave him his number.

I spoke to my contractor this morning, though (the roof isn't done, and I wasn't sure what the deal was on that, especially with the circumstances involved now with the hit and run accident), and he said he'd never been contacted by the police.

*sigh!* That can't be true. It just can't. So that's not cool...

Anyway, I'm trying to move past it all. But it sucks. I hate that I was even marginally involved in any way, and that I can't provide more help in finding the guy that was involved. But I don't know his name. Leo spoke to one of them a couple of times when they had questions, and he said they barely spoke English. I mean, what if the guy wasn't even at fault, but he ran away for whatever reason (scared? I'd imagine so...but he might no be all that legal, either, is what I'm thinking...), and now it's all 10 times worse because he didn't stick around. Bad, bad, bad...

And I'm already thinking about lunch. And I haven't been able to work out in a week, thanks to my throat and now chest issues. And that's not good, man. Not good.

Ok, I think I'm gonna head out to see if I can score any Advil Cold & Sinus from a coworker. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

meesha.v said...

just using the words "possible meth creator" should clear up any suspicion that you may be involved. get well!

Nuke said...

I wouldn't even joke about meth now that you are on the local Authority's radar. They might be monitoring your phone and internet trying to track down the driver.

MY pickup is B-l-u-e by the way!

Oh, and I posted on your sis's site, but I hope your Pop is doing better.

Heather said...

I'm more curious as to whether they returned to your house to finish their job...