Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Home Sick

So I'm home sick today. Between the noise from the storm itself, and my worry about how well the tarp would hold up at keeping the water out of the house (it did okay), I didn't sleep much. And the cold is full-blown today. So I'm sleeping on the couch, every once in a while getting online, then walking puppies to let them relieve themselves, and trying to contact my contractor about the email he sent about the roof this morning. (We can have the whole thing replaced right now for about $4,000. His roofing guy recommended a change in 4 years. If we don't do it right now, the shingles will never match from the old house to the addition. If we just move forward now, then we won't have to worry about it again for probably the amount of time we're in the house, and the added value is fantastic for that kind of spend, IMO.)

Ok, I just spent about a half hour on the phone with my contractor, and we agreed to move forward on the roof replacement. Wonderful.

I thought I'd go ahead and post the pictures of the addition after it got the spaces framed in last week. This is the wall where the tub will be (in the far corner, under the "windows"), and then the sinks will be to the left of that...
This is the shower space. It's funny how small it looks when it's just framed it wood like that. It will actually be a good sized space with a bench on the wall under the window. Because sometimes, you need to rest mid-shower.
I tried to get a good shot of the toilet/closet/laundry side, but from the angle I'm taking pictures from inside the bedroom, it just wasn't possible. So it's all over on the right here...
Yesterday, they installed windows, and put a bunch of the plywood on for the roof. Today, the roofers are here doing their roofing thing. And it's too bad we had the Flood of the Apocolypse last night, since they didn't have time to put down the layer of stuff that would protect everything from the wetness before today. *sigh!* Oh well.

Seriously, what the FUCK was with that rain last night? I mean, it seemed to rain for a good 4 hours straight starting at 10. That's fucked. up.

I'm going to go back to sleep now. I'll load up more pics later, and share them accordingly this week. Yay!

6 comments:

Logtar said...

We were stuck on the highway during the whole ordeal... it was just not fun... might as well start building an arc.

Its looking cool, and a new roof is always good. Leaks can go unnoticed and cost you a lot more later... roofs are ubber important after you learn the hard way.

Coley said...

Yeah! How exciting, it seems like it's coming together pretty quickly so far. Now, if KC weather would just cooperate already!

Nice call on the roof. Nothing says "class" like mismatched roof tiles.

faithstwin said...

"Nothing says 'class' like mismatched roof tiles." What about those little valet statues on the front lawn? Or a couch on the porch? Maybe a confederate flag hanging on the flag pole? Just curious...not that I have any of these things. Nope. Not at all.

It looks good, dude! Sorry you're under the weather. (I couldn't help it.) I have a sore throat today too, but I got it from my kid. Can't blame talking to you on the phone as I would prefer. Advil, rest and lotso watahhhh.

Faith said...

Logtar, you were stuck on the highway? WTF? Dude...that woulda been scary. Glad you guys are ok!

Coley, I don't know what you mean...the multicolor roof tiles wouldn't have screamed "FUN!" at you? Hm. It's a good thing we moved forward with this, then.

Twin, what say you about pink flamingoes? Because we're thinking of putting some out by the port-a-potty that's currently on our front lawn...you know, to help class the place up a bit. (I'll take pictures...)

Spyder said...

Get well! Kanga has a cold too!

meesha.v said...

this blog should be quarantined until you recover