Monday, June 30, 2008

Please help.

I will give 500 beejers* to the first person who can tell me the purpose of a fruit fly's existence. (Girls can guess, too. I'll happily motorboat** you for your reward.)


*Ok, not really. But I still wanna know the answer.

**Yeah, not really on this one either. Because I don't see how it would be equal in any way to a beej, and I don't wanna motorboat you or do anything else, really. Ooh! I will be happy to buy you a yummy smelling soap of your choice from Bath & Body, if you'd like. Just tell me the damned answer!

7 comments:

"The D" said...

purpose of a fruit fly's existence is BECASUE GOD FUCKING SAID SO!!

Now then, Lets schedule YOUR motor boat'en.

Doc said...

Reasons for the Fruit Fly's Existence:

1. to annoy YOU;
2. to confuse you as to what, exactly, is the difference between a fruit fly, a gnat and a neo-con;
3. to make it easier for scientists to decipher the human genome.

Spyder said...

Originally to pollinate?

emawkc said...

This is a trick question. Fruit flies don't actually exist per se. Their existence is predicated upon your observation of them. Therefore if you don't observe them they will not be there.

Faith said...

Well, if they would stop observing my goddammed wine as I sit on the couch observing television, or my beer as I sit at the bar chatting with my friends, then it might make it a helluvalot easier to not observe them.

Asshole bugs...

Bea said...

They exist so we biologists don't get bored during our Genetics class in 2nd year in college.

Faith said...

GAH!