Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First thing first...

We will not be attending the blogger meet-up tonight at Tarahumara, unfortunately. Not only do we need to watch our money, but also our asses. I love you guys, but the better way for me to attend one of those functions is far, far away from chips and salsa on a table, and in a place where we can get a couple of beers that are on special, and then head home to make dinner as usual. Hopefully next month will work out? We'll see...

Puppies!

I thought it might be time for some updated puppy photos, because things have been glum and upsetting and downright sad around here lately, so I'm sharin'.

Izzy doing yoga...
Izzy also likes to lick the bed whenever she gets the chance. It solidifies it's existence to her. And also makes it her bitch. (Jake does not understand her reasoning. He licks the bed because it tastes good, and usually is the precurser to him biting the bed.)
I took this shot a while ago, but can't remember if I shared it or not. Izzy used to have to eat on the ottoman, because Jake would eat anything and everything he could get his mouth on when he moved in. This was our way of teaching him that this food was off-limits to him. It worked, for the most part. But one night, Leo placed it a little too close to the center of the ottoman, and this was the best angle Iz could get in order to eat from the bowl.
The other night, Jake had the squeak kitteh in his mouth, and every time he moved his head back and forth, it would wiggle from side to side in a way that made me laugh. Here he was staring at Iz across the room, taunting her with the squeak kitteh. He says, "Just try and get my squeak kitteh [which, incidentally, was Izzy's before he moved in], bitch. Mwahahahaha..."
Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! (Not on the beeed, you bastids! GAH!)
Izzy has left...Jake wonders if he should attack dad's elbow in her absence. NOM!
I love my puppies. I want them to live forever! (As long as Jake stops shitting on the floor by the front door in the middle of the night, dammit! If he doesn't stop, then I want him to only live to be, like, 12, or something...)

4 comments:

Spyder said...

Hey Biatch! We missed you. Travel showed up hoping to meet XO (who didn't come either, think he took the little bus to work & not his car). Travel had emailed me worried that we would give her a hard time being to the Right. I told her that we loved you so I thought she was safe. Hang in there. When the work is done we need to party & unveil your new space. Hugs.

Nuke said...

Heya, love the puppy stories! And like Spyder said, we all missed you guys. Everybody has a time they need to go out and a time they need to stay in, I can totally relate. Hang in thee, and we'll catch ya later!

Midtown Miscreant said...

You are halfway to having your dog litter box trained. Get one of those cheap litter boxes, line the bottom with news paper, put it by the front door at night. When your dog drops the kids off at the pool, (dumps), in the litter box a few times, you can move it where you want. Seriously, it works.

Faith said...

It's a good idea, MM. The only worry I have is that when we use puppy pads (potty training/inclement weather thingies that some people are able to use on their dogs), he tears them to shreds instead of going to the bathroom on them. At least our older dog just ignored them when we tried to use them on her. But Jake? He must DESTROY!

So I'm afraid that if we try newspaper in the bottom of a box, we'd wake up to a pile o' shit in front of the front door, and paper shredded all over the living room. But I'll toss the idea out to Leo and see what he thinks about giving it a go. We did move the rug that was there, finally. It just wasn't a good idea to have it there...it has to be "professionally cleaned" whatever that means. But basically I can't put it in the washer, which SUCKS.