Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Not. Today.

I'm stressed.

I woke up at 3:10 this morning, and couldn't go back to sleep. I finally went out to the living room at about 4:10 and cuddled with Jake for a while. Then I put him in bed with Izzy and Leo, and got ready to go to the gym.

But before leaving for the gym, I had to burst into tears. You know...'cuz it was the right time, and all.

???

We picked out our tile and lighting fixtures last night, and tonight, I try to haggle with the cabinet maker guy.

I'm thinking we're going to have to put off the kitchen floor and countertop reno until next year, unless I can make more sense of the money we're spending right now on the rest of the project.

Good thing: We found tile that should cost about $1.50 - $1.90 per square foot. The budget calls for $5 per square foot. Niiice. (Maybe we can do the kitchen after all? See, this is how my brain works right now! GAH!)

Another good thing: light fixtures only cost $85 a piece. We only needed two. Our budget was $270 for the lighting. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether that was for ALL the lighting in the bathroom, including the fucking can lights they installed, or if it was what our "allowance" was for the vanity lighting. Anyway, if it's our budget for the vanity lighting, then we came in way under budget on that, too. Yeah, it's only $100, or so, but every little bit counts right now!(They look like this, btw:)



I'm basically losing it, and in doing so, I've lost my ability to get any good rest as well. Which makes me sad.

Hopefully, I'll have pics of the newly opened up space to show you all tomorrow. That should be...fun? Suurrrre. Why not?

6 comments:

Cate said...

Love the light fixture. Simple, clean, and nice! Hang in there.

faithstwin said...

I haven't been able to sleep well the last few nights either. Last night I finally drifted off at about 2:30 but didn't sleep soundly.

I love the fixtures! I knew the tile would come in much lower than that $5/sf. Happy it actually turned out that way.

Faith said...

Yeah, we have samples of the tile at home (we'll be doing a mix of two colors...not all over, just as an accent, but still), so I'll get pics of that later, too.

Thanks you guys! I'm glad you like the lights! I think we'll be able to find a really cool faucet set that matches it pretty well. We liked the lines of it, and the shades reminded me of the pendant lights I would have prefered to have had, if we had higher ceilings in the space.

Spyder said...

Looking forward to coming & peeing in your new bathroom! LOL

faithstwin said...

*note taken* Spyder likes to pee in brand new potties...

Heather said...

Maybe you should talk to Mr. Recommendation about your kitchen. I can give you his email if you like. He's got tons of great ideas, and he doesn't charge outrageous rates like some contractors.