Monday, August 04, 2008

Break over, I s'pose...

The weekend wasn't extraordinary. Although I did get to hang out with a couple of the girls from the message board that I frequent...which I think I've told you guys about. Anyway...that was fun.

Otherwise, it was spent trying to maneuver around the large pieces of pantry that were in the kitchen, waiting to be installed today. I'll put pics up of that tomorrow. Leo says they look amazing. I left as they were just getting started, so I'm looking forward to seeing it all when I get home tonight.

I think I saw his brother this morning, out on the driveway in the dark behind my car. Jake was barking at nothing...or so I thought. As I looked across the street to see if anyone was lurking around the neighbor's house (that's where his gaze was fixed), something got in my line of vision. It was like a heated block of air - in the shape of a person - was suddenly standing behind my car. Then it moved behind Leo's car, and it was gone. I went back to bed.

When Leo got up this morning, he wanted to know what Jake was barking at. He asked if it was his brother. I totally forgot that today was the anniversary of his death. (He was 19 when he was electrocuted while painting an apartment building. He and another boy died when they accidentally touched the ladder to the main electric line overhead.) I told him I didn't know. I was just pissed that he was doing it at 3 in the morning. I figure I'll tell him what I saw tonight when we're more awake and don't have the stress of a couple of cabinet installers breathing down our necks to deal with.

Thank for understanding about my need for a break. I'm over-stressed right now. It's all personal, and I did it to myself, but seriously...who knew that hiring a contractor to add an addition to your house woud be more stressful than planning a wedding? Fucking ridiculous...

3 comments:

faithstwin said...

Hmmm. His brother ooorrr a chupakabra. Something to consider there for a minute...I have only one reservation about it being his brother: why would he stay outside and not come inside? Otherwise, I find it rather 6th sensey for Leo to have asked straight away if you thought it was his brother.

Can't wait to see pics!

Faith said...

He's appeared to Leo outside before. The first time he saw him after he died was when he woke up one morning and saw him standing outside his window. So maybe he's just an outdoorsy type? I dunno...

Probably more likely to be the chupakabra thing. Or Jeffers being all roamy and shit...

Nuke said...

Isn't KC a little far North for el chupakabra? Of course we are too Southernly for abominable snowmen. I am going to assume it was the brother. Seriously, I have a haunting going on now and I am totally a believer (for the time being).

Anyway, welcome back!