Monday, August 25, 2008

Hahahahahaha! Bite me.

I love how my contractor is all, "Um, hey. I need to pay the siding guys, like, tomorrow. Did you send the check for your portion yet?"

And I'm all, "Yeah, um...I need to be living in the new space you were supposed to have built and had completed by last Saturday, so maybe we can call it even and you can cool your jets on the check you need from me so desperately?"

Here's the deal Mr. Contractor: when you send me an email on Wednesday at almost 2 p.m. telling me how much is owed, and I then request that it be moved from my savings account to my checking account that afternoon, it's too late at that point for the transaction to occur. So it happens the following busness day. That was Thursday. And then it takes a minimum of 2 days to go from one bank to the other, and that means it's just shown up in my checking account as of today. I'm not one of those fools who writes checks before the money is in the bank. So the check was written and sent out today.

Oh, and the soffits on the outside end of the new addition are still WIDE OPEN, and you told Leo that the siding guys were supposed to have closed those up. So yeah...maybe we shouldn't consider paying them until they actually complete the job they did? (Which took them a fucking week, by the way. Everyone I spoke to told me it should have been done in 3 - 4 days. Guess we had the slow guys on our house, huh? Seems to be a running theme...why break up the fun now?)

I have PMS. I really don't like talking to my contractor when I have PMS.

No comments: