Thursday, August 21, 2008

I won't lie...I'm kinda giddy about this.

I just ordered this mini-chandelier for our new master bedroom. Leo and I looked at a LOT of lights before we settled on this one. It's teeny...just 11" wide, and 14.5" tall, so it won't look super-ridiculous in the space...


Since we're going to have some pretty masculine elements to the room otherwise, the girlie light fixture at the center should help balance it all out. This is the bed we've decided to get. The light color isn't too masculine, but the nailhead border is.
And here is the dresser that we'll be putting back in there...it's big, bulky, dark stained, etc...Ok, this is a picture of just the one corner of the dresser, but it's the best shot I have of it. And here's the rug we're considering...we might need to get a different one, depending on how well the blue goes with the blue we'll have on the walls.

Anyway, I know how boring these updates can be for a lot of people, so I'm sorry! I'm just so fucking excited, is all. Woo! Mini-chandelier!!!

10 comments:

Coley said...

Well, I don't find these the tiniest bit boring. I love that bed, and the mini chandelier looks adorable. I so can't wait to see the finished rooms.

Faith said...

"I so can't wait to see the finished rooms."

You and me both, sista. You and me both. ::sigh!::

Every once in a while, I think about how amazing it is...this bathroom is going to make our house different from any of the other cookie-cutter ranch-style homes in our neighborhood. And it gets me very excited and happy.

But then I think about how we started it in May, and it's August already, and it won't be done for at least another 3 weeks. And all that money...GAH!

I feel like I'm split in two. :S

Sizzle said...

Oh! West Elm rug. I pour over their catalog. I have a rug from them. Good stuff!

I've always wanted a chandelier.

faithstwin said...

Cool! I love it! I think the rug would be fine...nothing has to matchy match, right? I know you want to make sure the blues are not clashing, so I understand. Can you return the rug if it turns out to be wrong for the room?

Faith said...

We're actually lucky enough to have a West Elm store that just opened here in town, Twin. So I figure we'll take the color swatch with us when we go to purchase everything. (The bed is West Elm, too...)

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

love the renovation pics! have you gone out to the west elm?? i haven't been out there yet - and live, like, 10 min. from there. ugh.

Faith said...

We did go there a few weeks ago, flowerparts. We visited the store the first week they were open. The salespeople were a leetle too eager for my taste, but still really helpful, and super nice.

It's how we decided to get that bed instead of another one we were planning on getting. In photos, the bed looks a little more yellow than it does in real life. Seeing how it really is helped us to see how perfectly it will work in our room!

Janet said...

is it behind Crate & Barrel? when did it open?

Faith said...

Yep, in the same parking lot...straight in from the entrance off of 119th St. (And part of the annoying thing with the salespeople is how they like to mock C&B...which kinda pissed/turned me off. :|) It opened a few weeks ago...at the end of July I think? You have to go, Janet. It's so cool!

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

oh...the mockers! maybe i'll check it out this weekend.