Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You know there's something missing...

Hope you guys wanted some pictures! Yeehaw!

So we're at the stage where we have moldings installed, and the new floor in the bedroom installed but no tile in the bathroom yet. They're going to paint first. But they got shelves installed in the closet yesterday, so that's nice. Unfortunately, they're built in a way that only certain hangers can hang in the back corner of the closet, but that's ok. I own enough pants and skirts that it isn't too huge of a deal for me. (I suppose...) The pant/skirt hangers fit, but shirt/jacket/dress hangers do not. It's weird.

Anyway, here's what the entrance to the bathroom looks like...
And the closet...
And the laundry area...(Leo and I bought those cabinets the other night, and then they were nice enough to install them for us)
We even have a built-in ironing board...
I love it!

We picked colors for the bathroom and bedroom last night. We've been looking at a lot of different ideas in magazines, and on HGTV, etc..., and agreed on a mixture of blues and browns. I wanted to do a really pale blue in the bathroom, since it will go well with the dark stained cabinets, the brushed nickle fixtures, and the white accents, and then a slightly darker blue in the bedroom. Then I started seeing shows that were decorating with stripes on the walls. I showed them to Leo, and he agreed that the detail was nice. So we'll have at least one brown stripe in the bedroom as an accent.

Here's the color for the bathroom...hopefully it's not too hard to see it!

This is the stain we chose for the cabinets:
Up against the "Blissful Blue"...(it's the darkest one on the strip, by the way. Not the one Leo is pointing at, but the one next to it...)
We really like them together. I can't wait to see it all on the walls! Hopefully, it'll go up sometime next week.

So in the bedroom, I'm not sure if the painters will be able to do the bottom stripe for us, but I've asked for it. I can't pay extra, so we can only have them do it if they won't charge us. If they will? Then we'll do it ourselves. Anyway, here are the colors in the bedroom...
A little closer look...

They really are pretty in person. Again, cannot WAIT to see them on the walls!

I also promised some updated pictures of our yard. Here they are! This is the big dirt pile that's directly in front of our deck. Izzy and Jake like to chase each other around it...
It's so pretty. :P And here is the smaller pile, which is completely grown over with...stuff. I dunno what it is. Grass? Not sure...
There's still a hole in the ground between the two piles, where they originally worked on our gas line. I hate that hole. Jake likes to get into it after it's rained, and its a little mud puddle. Fucking sucks.

Our grass currently looks like this...

It's all growing in crabgrass, which sucks ASS. The exposed dirt is kind of covered in grass clippings from last week's mow in this shot, so it might be hard to see why I get so pissed off when it rains right now. But let me assure you, the mud springs forth as soon as it rains a quarter inch. I soooo don't love it.

And here is my red pepper plant. I was hoping that red peppers would grow in abundance throughout the summer, so I wouldn't have to buy any for all the dishes I like to use them in. But nuh-uh. We have two of them that survived the gnawing chipmunks, and here they are...
This is how big they are...Oh well! It's been fun growing them all the same. We'll see if they keep getting bigger or not. Maybe next year, we'll try some Miracle Grow on 'em, or something.

4 comments:

faithstwin said...

Hey! Jeffers made an appearance in the closet (by the shelves...)

I luHUUUVE the paint/stain colors. I do not like the grass in the back yard. The grass looking like that = not so easy drunken bocci ball. I already had a hard enough time with the grass you had before dammit!

Faith said...

I would call that an orb if it weren't so galldurned dirty in there dude. It's probably dust.

C'mon! The tougher the course, the better the drunken bocce! You pussy. :P

faithstwin said...

You know bocci ball is normally played on a narrow, FLAT surface, right? Ass.

I figured it was dust, but I still like the idea that Jeffers is just moving right in to the new spaces so easily. :D

Coley said...

Girl. Home gardening sucks this year. My only suggestion for the red peppers next year: start them indoors by March. It's the only way to get a decent growing season in the Midwest.

I have 30 big, gorgeous tomatoes on my plant...that refuse to ripen. I LOVE to waste time and money on vegetables.