Tuesday, October 21, 2008

UPDATED: More on the fence...

So I have a call in to the place that installed the fence for us, and I'm waiting to hear back from them right now. In the mean time, I thought I'd give more examples of the hideous mess they installed in our yard.

This, again, is what the gate looks like from the yard. Overall, I undertand the design to it, but I think the variance in the two woods just clashes so hard core, I cannot imagine what the fence builder was thinking.
The bottom of the doors have this...panel, for lack of a better term. I don't get it.
This is the outside of the doors, that face the driveway. Those pieces of wood that are framing in the lattice are cedar 1X4's. Now, I can understand that cedar is going to have a rough feel to it...its in the nature of the wood. But those are staples that attach them to the fence. And the fact that they look like they were intalled by a drunken 12 year old? That's not exactly the quality I was going for on my $3,000 fence, yanno?
The gap. Oooooh, the gap! It starts out as about a 1 inch gap at the top of the doors, and then widens to about 1.5 - 1.75 inch gap at the bottom. How awesome is that?? (Answer: Not awesome. Not at all.)
I've just spoken to the company rep I've been dealing with throughout this process, so I'm going to send her the pictures now. I really hope they agree with me on how awful it looks.

Because I'm not crazy, right? It looks like shit, doesnt it?

UPDATE: For the record, here's what I was picturing when I described the picture-frame cedar fence we wanted to have installed...

Hopefully that helps people understand more about why I'm so disappointed about all this. I mean, besides the obvious uglines of the fence that we received, and all...

4 comments:

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

looks like if i'd installed it myself - not like a pro job...
def. looks off a bit.

faithstwin said...

Oh man. Again- how could they have looked at that and thought, "Good deal!"? Dude, they have GOT to do something about that. Meanwhile I'd call another fence company to come and check it out and give you an estimate on what it would cost to fix that mess.

Nuke said...

Daaaaang...

That's all I got.

Alisha said...

I showed hubby the pics and he was like, wtf? Besides the shoddy workmanship, and the pine, what about the shitty quality of the cedar they used?

Ugh. Let us know what happens!