Friday, October 17, 2008

Slightly disappointing...

Let me start with the good before I move into the bad. This is a Friday, btw. There shouldn't even be any bad. But whatever...

Two weeks ago, this is what our back lawn looked like:



And here's what it looks like as of two days ago...


It is amazing what a little aerating, overseeding, and fertilizing can do for the yard. We do have some bare patches in the midst of all that green, so we're still having a muddy paw phenomenon occurring with the puppies, but I'm hoping that will be over within the next couple of weeks.
See...when you take a picture right over it, you can see the bare spots pretty well. But we're on our way to having our yard back! That's the important thing. (Twin! Boche! WOO!!!)

Yesterday, the carpet was installed in the closet. I was so, soooo excited to see it when I got home, I went running into the bathroom, and found this...

So what? you might be saying. Looks lovely!

Yeah, but maybe not so much when you're actually expecting this pattern:
In the brown color on the end of the 2nd row on this board...
::sigh!:: Leo isn't sure what happened. He was the one I entrusted with the picking out of the carpet, because the store we needed to get it from was open during hours that I work. And at that time, taking an hour off in the afternoon to go pick out carpet wasn't something I could do, what with work being as busy as it was and all. So Leo and I went to Home Depot and found the Stainmaster "Premium" style above, and I was all, "Ooh! I like this in the brown!" And he was all, "Ooh! Me too!" So I told him to go to the store with that in mind for our carpet...and if it was out of budget (we were asked to keep it below $18 per square foot), then find something similar in a lower price range. He went to the store, and was all excited because he found it! And it was in our price range! YAY!

So how the FUCK did we end up with the flat, brown, boring carpet in the closet? I know...it seems like something stupid for me to get upset about, but you have to remember, I've designed this thing pretty much from start to finish. And this was the finish. And I was very excited to see my uber-cool patterned carpeting installed in our new space. And we wound up with...Boring.
At least it matches the color scheme, right? ::sigh...again::

Moving on to Things That Make Me Happy, Leo installed our curtains a little over a week ago. And the stripe around the room was fixed. And the bedroom just needs to be finished up in little ways like having the rug laid down as soon as it arrives (ordered yesterday, after much hemming and hawing over what to purchase...), and I need to find the perfect bench to go over by my side of the bed, and we need to hang some photos and stuff, and things will be in a good place, I think.
Sorry for the state of the bedding. Sometimes I make it all the way, and sometimes I don't. I also took these pictures at the end of the day one day instead of mid-day, so I'm not sure if they're too dark.

But the curtains are GORGEOUS! I bought them at Bed, Bath & Beyond...they were on the higher end of the price scale for the curtains they have there, but they're fully lined (in heavy fabric, which is awesome) silk curtains. So they were bound to be a bit pricey. They are PERFECT. I love them. Maybe I'll take some better pics of them this weekend...

This week was the week our garbage pick-up changed to happening on Wednesday instead of Friday. Unfortunately, I didn't find that out until my neighbor was dropping me off after work last night and saw our trashcan that Leo had put out at the end of the drive for today's pick up. He goes, "Oh...did you guys get the memo about trash day changing to Wednesday?" And I was all, "Um, nooo. No memo. When does that kick in?" And he goes, "Two days ago. They started it this week." Sheeit. So I go inside and tell Leo, and told him to please put out the rest of the trash in the morning, because of course this happened the week we cleaned out the garage, and have a ton of trash to get rid of! I planned on calling Defenbaugh (our local disposal company) and asking them to please swing by and get our trash, as we never received any memo...

But this morning, I load the dogs up to head to the playplace and notice that the rest of the trash is still in the garage. Whatever...I tried to haul it out myself, but its the can that the wheels have fallen off of, and Leo has loaded it up with so much shit, I can't move it myself. Instead, I manage to tip it over against my car. And dust and glass and shit goes EVERYWHERE. Yeah, he got a pretty angry phone call from me about that mess. I left it lying in the garage and told him to please clean it up when he gets home today.

Oh, and the fence that started to get installed earlier this week? Yeah, I just got info this morning that it might not get finished until MONDAY. Um, no. I called them back and I told them that the salesperson told me that the process would take a max of TWO DAYS. They started the install on Tuesday, and it is now Friday, and while it did rain a bit overnight into Wednesday, it's been dry enough for all the cement and shit holding the posts up to set for more than 24 hours, and I want my fence installed TODAY. I am pissed. Pissed, pissed, pissed.

So I'm going to go get a super-expensive fucking iced tea from the coffee shop downstairs, and try to mellow out. Because this is NOT how a Friday should be! ::runs off crying...::

9 comments:

Cate said...

Wait a minute! We do all that same stuff to our lawn and it does not look nearly as good as yours! Very nice.

You're doing a good job rollin' with the punches on the carpet. I'd feel the same way. But, it does definitely go with your color scheme and that's a good thing!

Faith said...

I think we must have magic soil, Cate. We've also been working with Ryan Lawn & Tree for around 3 years now so maybe the stuff they've been putting on has helped the soil be more receptive to the seed, and pushed the growth faster?

And yeah...trying t roll with the punches s best I can. With the help of wine (at appropriate moments of course...not right now while I'm at work! Hahahaha! Ha. Ok, maybe...), an at least its a soft carpet and stuff. I'm trying to let it go.

Faith said...

Stupid fucking stcy keyboard! Thatis IT! I'm buyin anew ne for myself over the weekend at Micro Center, or something, because this is RIICULOUS! (See, that was a completely unedited paragraph. Feel my pain...)

faithstwin said...

I knew after the second word missing a letter that it was the keyboard. You made me laugh out loud!

Wow, on the carpet...I mean just wow. Leo, Leo, Leo. He just keeps digging himself a new hole every time he steps out of the last, doesn't he?

Faith said...

We're not sure if he made the mistake, or if it was the place that we had to order from that made it. We have the receipt, and we were thinking of going there today to check it out. But after sleeping on it, I don't know that I really care to prove who was wrong, you know? We have carpet in there, it's nice enough...I'm thinking we should just let sleeping dogs lie.

Nuke said...

Lawn looks great as does the carpet (even tho it's a disappointment to you).

But I got admit, my train o thought got derailed at the magic word "Microcenter". That place rocks, but I cannot seem to leave without buying SOMETHING. Often times it is just a book, or a neat cheap gizmo but I almost always buy something. Last time my buddy needed a new power supply and so we went, but I waited in the car (because I was broke and am helpless in there).

Faith said...

Nuke, I feel ya. Except replace "Microcenter" with "Target" and you'd have me.

:D

jen breese said...

Wow. Awesome looking yard! Pisser about the carpet but at least it goes with the scheme.

Sounds like you are having a rough day but the room looks lovely after your hard work. The chandelier is awesome.

At least is Friday...

"The D" said...

When some one starts a conversation with "Well, you want to good news or the bad news first?" I tell them I want the bad news first and the good news second.

I like to start with the bad then you can end your story on a good note and everybody feels much better.

Yes, I would like my change for my 2 cents.