Saturday, October 04, 2008

Updated house photos...

So, we aren't at the exact "end" of the addition project, but we have moved into our master bedroom again, and are living in there for the most part. We still have painting details to finish (see below for more info), curtains to find and hang, and we're waiting on the install of the carpet in the closet, which should happen this week. I can't wait!

But the bathroom is done. I need to shorten the length on the blinds, which seems like a daunting task so I've been avoiding it, and I'd love to find a runner to put in there that will keep our feet a bit cozier when it comes to the tile floors in the coming winter months, but otherwise, it's done. We have our floor mirror on the right hand side, between the towel bars, and we found a decent little flatscreen t.v. at Best Buy for only $200, so that's been hung and I get to watch GMA in the morning when I get ready, like I've always wanted. It's a pretty fucking sweet space.

Our bedroom...is wonderful. I love the bed, I love the added space we have, I love the chandelier...all of it. Wonderful! Here it was as the bed frame was being put in...
We got the bedframe from West Elm, which is where I'm also attempting to get a second job right now. I love that place! We bought the king sized nailhead uholstered frame. It looks great in the space.
Here's a crappy picture I took when we had the bed put together, and the wall color was still in its originally painted state.
The bedding is from West Elm, too. I read a good review of their organic cotton bedding in Domino magazine last month, and went into the store to feel it, and fell in love. It's awesome! Highly recommend. (Also, I was in the store this past week for my interview and had the opportunity to touch this bedding as well...and it was like a comfortor dropped out of heaven. Soo, so soft...)

Here's a picture I took this morning. Jake was in the mood to be in every shot I took, so there he is, looking out the window! As you can see, we painted stripes on the walls this past week. We have some perfecting we'd like to do...
Here's a up-close shot of the bedding. Just for fun...
And here are the stripes. The bottom stripe looks great. The top stripe is a bit too thick, and the lines aren't clean when you get close up. (Shoot...I should've taken a picture of that, huh? Oops!) So Leo will be fixing that paint job this coming week. Overall, we really like the effect, though. Gives some depth to the room. And that dark chocolate color is faaabulous!
These side tables have a legacy...I've had them since I moved to Kansas City back in 1996. My sister gave them to me to help me furnish my sad little apartment I first lived in over on 47th St off the Plaza. They are unfinished, except for one spot on one of them where my sister had been trying a stain color out. She just put one brush stroke on, though, and never did anything else. Leo and I will be either staining them a dark chocolate or painting them a dark chocolate (haven't decided yet, although I think we're planning on going with the stain), and then changing out the drawer pulls to match the ones in the bathroom...a brushed nickel rounded pull. I can't wait to show you guys the finished product!
And the office...where I'm currently sitting in our desk chair, typing this entry as I speak. We moved the computer in here yesterday, and I'm so happy!
I don't like all the wires all over, so I'll be figuring out a way to conceal those over the next few days.

I love the lighting we chose for this room, which matches that which we have in the guest bedroom right now, too. They're simple drum shades we bought from Pottery Barn that clip over the existing hardware. They are exactly what I wanted. Exactly! So happy...

And the backyard. Ooooh, the backyard. We finally had the mounds of dirt redistributed and then the excess was hauled away, and were left with big old patches of dirt all over. So we had our landscaper come out and resurface it all, and then overseed. Which he did last weekend. So in another 3 weeks, I'm hoping things will be a bit more green...as covered in leaves as they may be...

There's this little space between the deck and the new addition that has our AC unit located in it, and the unit has a condensation line that leaks into the dirt there in the corner. I hate it. So I want to create a dry creekbed out of it, and have it act as better drainage. But even better news came from the landscaper when I told him my plans. He can bury the condensation line like he can with our downspouts from our gutters. So we'll do that in the spring, and he'll also be able to help with the dry creekbed install then, too. (Which hopefully I'll have a replenished savings account by then to pay him with. Hooray!)

Next week, we also get our new fence installed. And then we're motherfuckin' DONE with this bad boy.

I have a feeling I'm gonna need a new hobby...

7 comments:

Heather said...

Very nice!!!!

Dan said...

That looks great. We're about to launch a few projects (our bathroom is priority #1), and I hope it all comes out as well as yours did.

Spyder said...

Looks wonderful! I'm jealous of the tub.

flowerparts@yahoo.com said...

looks SO good! what kind of vanity countertops did you go with in the bathroom? we just gutted our guest bath and i've gotta pick out countertops this week. i really like our corian in our master bath - it's just so expensive! still may have to go with it though - it's not a very big vanity.

Coley said...

Faith...it's gorgeous. I love the stripes in the bedroom. Totally makes it more polished, and the color combination is dreamy!

Sooooo close to done! I am so impressed with the way everything came out. Just a beautiful job.

Faith said...

The contractor used something called New Surface. I Googled it, and came up with this company, but its in Texas: http://www.anewsurface.com/index.htm

We have one locally, but it doesn't have a website.

The color options were amazing. I'd highly recommend it! Our sinks are built into the countertop, which I really like.

Coley, I can't wait to show you all the carpet choice we made for the closet, too. So excited!

faithstwin said...

I love it! I don't think the top stripe is too thick, but then again I'm not walking into the room several times a day.

I can't wait to play bocci ball!