Thursday, October 16, 2008

Well...time to chat.

I've started carpooling to work with my neighbor. He literally lives next door to me, and we work at the same place, so we started driving in to work together twice a week as of this week. I drive Tuesday, and he drives Thursday. It's weird not having my car here with me at the office. But it's nice to know that I can save the gas one day a week. I'm getting greener and greener all the time! Go me!

Today, the carpet is being installed in our closet, and I'm really excited to see it when I get home, and take pictures to show everyone! So watch for those tomorrow.

But right now, I want to talk about something near and dear to my heart. I discovered it last year, and I shared how I felt then, but it's been a while since I've had the opportunity to discuss it.

It's how Kelly Wearstler gets all ca-RAZY with the way she dresses/does her hair on the show "Top Design" on Bravo. I love that show, and I'll have you know that I got a 100% on their Pop Design quiz they gave the contestants last night, because I kick ass. (For those of you who don't know WTF I'm talking about, just stay with me...the pictures are worth a thousand words AND laughs, so it's well worth your time, I think.)

Let's just get right to it. This is what made me fall in love with Kelly last year:

Ok, unfortunately, that picture doesn't show off the outfit she was wearing all that well. I wrote a post about how she made me feel during last season, so read it here for the full effect. That was one of several posts, just as an FYI. Anyway, this woman is some sort of icon in the interior design/fashion world...

No, no...don't laugh Kelly. You know it's true! Don't worry...I don't get it either! Particularly because you wear shit like this:

Yes, I know that designing a room and designing the outfit you put on that morning are two totally different things, but they kind of go hand in hand to a certain extent, you must admit. I look at what you choose to wear much of the time, and I know I'd never wanna hire you to decorate anything for me, and I know I can't be alone on that! But hey, at least you make me laugh...

I mean, THAT is the outfit you chose to wear for judging panel this week? Really??? Ok. Let's see what your co-judge, Margaret, chose to wear...

OMG. So sweet...so chic! I love that dress. LOVE. So let's review your outfit again, mkay?

Oh, holy hell, what is UP with the blue socks and the bright turquoise shoes??? WHAT THE FUCK???

No...don't get me started on the toque, ok? I just can't even imagine going there right now. Not at all. What's that? You say that isn't the best picture of the toque anyway, and I'm not being fair? Oh, ok...I'll try another shot to see if I can get more on board...

Aaaannnd, it's still a no, I'm afraid, my slightly-less-stick-figurey-than-last-season-but-still-frighteningly-thin friend. The hat. must. go.

Anyway, it still makes me laugh when I see the crazy, and that's important to me. There was much pausing and rewinding last night during the show because I was laughing over what was being shown in the roms that had been designed, and I couldn't miss that stuff just because you chose to dress like a muppet on crack this week, now could I? No.

But keep it up! Thank god for Tivo and the ability to pause. I just love your weird little ass...

4 comments:

faithstwin said...

I totally reacted to the shoes-with-socks combo the EXACT way you wrote it. She is crazy. Thanks for the laughs!

Nuke said...

As the Hoodoo man would say, she is nuttier than a shit-house squirrel!

And I just wanna ad, that from my experience, women (especially high fallutin ones) don't react well to being told "I just love your weird little ass..."

Coley said...

I was so overwhelmed by the head covering and shoe fiasco, I almost didn't notice that she appears to be wearing nothing but sequins made from trash bags. Well done!

Faith said...

I was personally wondering if she was trying out a Halloween costume a few weeks early, perhaps? But what was she trying to be, in that case? A type of rare bird that wears a lot of turquoise accessories? (In which case, is she really all that qualified to tell someone like Nathan that she'd wished he'd removed some of the extra accessories he chose for his room? I mean, I agreed with her, but I'm wearing my wedding ring today as an accessory and that's. it. So, I might be a better judge of "editing" is all I'm saying.)

Nuke, you crack me up!