Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hi!

Working from home today, so I haven't been around much. I woke up at the normal time, but then I went to the gym at 7 for the first time in a while, thanks to my head and chest finally feeling better.

Then I went to Target to buy the final touches I needed to decorate for Christmas with this year. And it's pulled everything together beautifully, if I do say so myself! I'll take pictures and put them up over at the other blog, so head over there over the next few days if you want to see how the house is coming together at this point. I updated today with info about the new living room config, so if you care about that kind of crap, check it out.

People are being disgustingly normal and nice right now, so I have no. material. for updating with. Its kind of pissing me off! Aside from old people driving badly and tending to get in my way while they do it, things have been pleasant in my head. It sucks!

Tomorrow being Thanksgiving, I guess I should just be thankful for the peace, or something. Hm.

Let's see...I have a lot of things to be thankful for right now, actually. I know I only mentioned it briefly here back in October, but I have been waiting to hear if West Elm will hire me for a part time position in their new store in Leawood...and they finally called me this week to set up a 2nd interview for next Monday, and have started calling my references, so looks like that might work out. Which is awesome because I so need the extra cash right now. I need help combatting the ever-climbing credit card debt, and I also have a couple of other ideas for what I might like to do with extra cash, too. We'll see.

I'm also truly thankful to have my allergies and that fucking nasty cold under control at last. It has been wearing on me (and Leo) a lot. Bye bye stupid fucking cold!

I'm thankful that the Twin finally found a job. I hope the money that she makes starts to help soon.

And more than anything else, I'm truly thankful that my dad has continued to get better and better ever since his lung transplant he got in February. When I saw him in October, it was amazing to see the strides he's made in his road back to health. And it sounds like he just is getting better and better. He gets to see a bunch of family tomorrow when he and the rest of my family (that're in California, anyway) go to my aunt's house for Thanksgiving dinner, as is custom in our family. The Twin and I talked about it the other day, and it should be exciting to hear about how everyone responds to seeing him as healthy as he is now. I think the last time a lot of them saw him was at my wedding last October, when he was on the verge of death, and couldn't go for longer than 20 minutes without being hooked up to his oxygen tank. He no longer needs that oxygen tank.

And as always, I'm thankful for all my friends and blogging cohorts that I've become acquainted with over the years. I love you guys, and I love that you continue to come and read here, and that you continue to entertain me as well. Keep it up, or I'll have to make fun of you. Yeah. No one wants that, I'm sure.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope you guys have a great day, whatever you spend it doing.

1 comment:

lyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving!