Monday, November 10, 2008

If its not one thing, its another.

At the outset, I'd like to state that I know that the "problems" I have in my life might not seem like a huge deal to other people. There are people dealing with death, and bills they can't pay, and evil exes that are a PITA, etc, etc...

So don't think that when I go on and on about issues that have to do with my contractor, or my fence, or my horrible nighmares I had last night (whichwere downright fucked the HELL up!), that I don't realize that I'm lucky. But I'm also just feeling run down and stressed by it all, too. So that's why I vent about it here. Ok? I hope that's ok...

Because while it seems like the contractor madness of last week might be settling down (at this point, I have to wait and see if he's going to install the window, and then decide if I just need to move on and wait to see if I get served with a lawsuit, or if I should go ahead with a complaint to the Contractor Licensing Board, or what...so I don't know were we stand with all that, really), the fence issue is just getting fired up. And thinking about having to sue someone like Home Depot (because they're the ones I bought the fence through, so I can't go after the idiots that actually built the ugly mutherfucking thing) makes my head spin. And gives me nightmares, apparently.

Basically, they askd me las week what Iwas expecing to have done on the fece to make it acceptable. I replied tha cant see it being fixed without them completely staring oer and building a new fence, since I want it to look like this...
...and not like this...
But they don't wanna rebuild it. They have all kinds of excuses for why my fence looks the way it does, including the ugly fucking hardware being the reason for the gap in the gate, and all, so it sounds like they aren't planning on working with me afer all. Which leaves me wondering why they even ASKED what I wanted, since they were just gonna disregard it anyway!???
Its retarded. And tiresome. And makes me want to drink heavily, so I need to stop thinking about it now, really. Except that I need to call the Home Depot rep to see where they stand on all of this, since I haven't heard from her since last Wednesday. ::sigh:: Yeah, yeah...I know. Woe is me. Blah.

6 comments:

Nuke said...

It's your blog, your choice. If writing makes you feel better at all go for it!

If somebody doesn't wanna read, they won't.

But if somebody wants to see a real problem, go look at Chimpo's lack of manly beard-growing genes.

faithstwin said...

Chimpo can't grow a beard?! That's so sad! =p

I do not envy your problems. I admit, my life is running a bit rough right now, but I have no desire to trade places with ya. I'm kind of used to my shit anyway. I would get that creepy 'this-isn't-my-life' feeling if I were in your shoes.

:D Hang in there. I don't mind reading about your sitch- vent away sistah!

Faith said...

And the paragraph above tha wa all jacked up should have read like this: "Basically, they asked me last week what I was expecting to have done on the fence to make it acceptable. I replied that I can't see it being fixed without them completely starting over and building a new fence, since I want it to look like this..."

Goddammed stupid fucking keyboard.

Faith said...

Gah! GAAAAHHHHH!!!!

faithstwin said...

Maybe you just need to plant some shit to hide the fence? Seems that's what they will next suggest based on your made-up, pc graphics, animated designs ala the examples you have.

I know in my yard all I need to do to hide the dead stuff is put something living in front of it.

Absolutely Feisty said...

Did I mention I work for attorneys? Screw those guys. How can they give you something you don't want and expect you to pay full price. Screw that!
AF