Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On which occassion, there was some cake. And martinis.

A couple of weeks ago, Leo and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary. Being as awesome as I am, I'm just now getting around to sharing some of the pictures we took that night.

We drank multiple martinis...
This caused us to take pictures like this...(no Jakes were harmed in the drinking of those martinis)
Later, after finishing a dinner of boneless leg of lamb with homemade vinaigrette and chickpea puree (which was fucking fabulous...I've never been so excited about having leftovers before in my life. NEVER!), we drank a couple more martinis and then had cake, which Leo had toiled over all day long. He made a raspberry reduction to put in between the layers of the dark chocolate devils food cake he made, and then he frosted that with dark chocolate icing. Fucking. A.

Ok, again, I just want to remind you about the drinking of martinis that had taken place for several hours...

We have a cake...together, no?
That's MY piece!
Srsly. Gimme my cake...
It was a lovely night, and hardly any hangover at all, which was weird. Because, did I mention the martinis? Yeah. I don't get it.

Anyway, there ya go! Back to work with me now...

9 comments:

Nuke said...

Great pictures, it looks like you were having a really good evening. Jake might say the humans were weird, but what does he know.

Faith said...

Yeah, he's weirder than us. He likes to romp in wet bushes, and roll around in dirt. He wins the weird race in our house, dammit. ;)

lyn said...

cake!!! sorry i've been so m.i.a., i'm still reading, just haven't been around to comment.

happy anniversary! much love to you both.

Alisha said...

So cute!

Coley said...

That's it! I require cake! Preferably with a martini packed in a sippy cup. Leo can just Fedex that to me, right?

Stephanie said...

MMMmmmMMMmmmmmm... caaaaake! YUM!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

This looks like loads of fun.

It would have been more fun had I been invited. I bring the fun to parties, including anniversary. I even have Guitar Hero!