Wednesday, February 04, 2009

And it was named after ME!

Maine has an awesome new post up today. If you haven't read it yet, go now. That guy is fucking hilarious...

I reached the pinnacle of fabulosity in my job today when I completed the task of scheduling a meeting between 5 executives and several managers within a 24 hour period of time. I'm currently working on becoming The World's Best Admin Assistant, and the completion of this task in this manner is a HUGE step toward that goal. I know it might seem trite and lame to most out there, but here's the deal: We're currently going through a severe layoff process at my company. People are very, very busy with meetings about their jobs, the jobs of those that work for them, and everything around and in between. It is also the beginning of the year, so budget discussions and discussions about development of new, um, things also abounds. Time is SLIM on everyone's calendar. So the fact that I just received the request to set up this meeting yesterday at 1 p.m. CST, and then managed to find a way to get it onto everyone's calendar no later than MONDAY (that's this coming Monday, btw...not one in the distant future, which makes a difference, believe me) is fucking miraculous, ok?

So I'm gonna be celebrating that for a little while now. Go read Maine. And other stuff. I'm sure it'll be more entertaining than this drivel...

No comments: