Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Midweek blah.

No pictures or video yet. It took me an hour last night just to get the stuff downloaded, and then renamed on most of the files, an I haven't had a chance to resize any photos or uploa videos to Google yet. So hopefully I can finish it up tonight to share soon!

Leo got violently ill in the middle of the night. I thought he was having a coughing fit, but then realized he was wretching into his sink in the bathroom. He was lucky he made it there, he said. He was finally able to get to the toilet and finished up there, I guess. He figured it was food poisoning. I was fine, though, so it couldn't have been from dinner! Then I remembered that he had told me about how he started eating a granola bar that my dad and step mom gave us for our trip home on Monday. We hadn't eaten them then because we'd had time to grab food before our plane took off, thanks to the delayed flight. So he was eating one around lunchtime yesterday, and after he took his second bite, he realized that it had peanut butter in it. He HATES peanut butter. So he threw them away.

We didn't even think about the fact that they might have been tainted granola bars. But now we know! I need to call my dad and step mom later and make sure they throw those suckers away immediately.

Anyway, he was better this morning. He was able to get a few hours of sleep after his episode, and he was going to get some gatorade on his way in to work. He also ae his normal breakfast, and felt fine, he said. I hope it holds out! He said he lost his entire dinner when he threw up. I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing that all we ate was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Poor dude! But if dad or step mom were to eat one of those things? I shudder to think of what could happen!

Alright, I'm off to start my day. Is it bad that I wish it was already over? Blech...

5 comments:

Logtar said...

Hope your day gets better... before the Peanut butter thing I thought that maybe it was that freaking weird bug going around a month ago. Glad it was just food poisoning, that other thing is nasty.

Faith said...

I know! I mean, as bad as it might sound, I was so glad it was food poisoning, too. (And I hope he's making it through the day ok today!!!) Because we just got back from vacation, and all, and this is his first day back to work afterwards, it wouldn't have been ok for him to take time off to be sick. His job sucks like that...

Spyder said...

Glad Leo is feeling better. I hope you have told your dad.

Nuke said...

Glad your boy toy is better!
And this thread not near as epic as yesterday, but much more civil.

Hope the rest o the day goes better for both you AND Leo.

Faith said...

I called dad and step mom and they said that the bars they gave us were the almond kind, which have no peanut butter in them. Hmmm...

I'm thinking it might've been a combo of the travel/exposure to strangers on Monday, and the acidic and otherwise irritating food we ate for dinner last night. He's had bad problems with his acid reflux for the past week, and while he was feeling better yesterday, we had tomato soup and grilled cheeses for dinner. The tomatoes and the cheese couldn't be helpful on the acid stuff. I dunno. He's going to the doctor tomorrow. I'm going to suggest he talk to him about it and get it figured out.

Thanks you guys!