Friday, March 06, 2009

Back to the beginning...

I didn't sleep well again last night. I wanted to sleep well, but it wasn't happening. I was woken by Jake, who decided he needed to wander around the room more than just do the sleep thing that the rest of us were doing, so he's an ass. (I know...shocking.) I finally got up to let him out after almost an hour. Hell, I wasn't going to be able to sleep with all the movement in the room, so I figured, why not?

It was one of those nights that was between too warm for me to be comfy, but not warm enough to warrant switching on the AC. Not yet...oh hell to the no. So I got out of bed hoping to cool down a bit, which worked...it was much cooler in the living room, for some reason. I fell asleep on the couch, and woke up a few minutes later realizing the puppies were still outside. While that's not unusual for Jake (it could be a sideways blowing blizzard outside, and 30 below, and he'd still have trouble being called back into the house), it was weird that Izzy hadn't come back in yet. So I went and called her, and she came up, and then looked back out the dog door for Jake. My eyes had adjusted to the dark at that point, so I could see Jake out at the other side of the yard, and I also saw something lighter colored there near him. He wouldn't come when I called him. He finally came after I walked out on the deck, and sounded more threatening than I had been up till then.

I didn't want to know what that lighter colored thing was. I tried to forget about it as I wrangled the puppies back into the bedroom. Jake was still restless after that, but I was somehow able to nod off again, and got a little rest here and there throughout the night.

As soon a Leo opened the door this morning, Jake was out like a shot. I slept for another half hour, and when I got up, both he and Iz were still outside. Ok, the weather is nicer, and to be fair, he spends a lot of time under the deck when he gets the chance, so I figured he could have been under there. I told Leo that I was afraid there was a carcass in the yard all the same, and I didn't want to deal with that! Leo called them inside and closed the door, and then he left for work. I gave them treats for coming when called, and then I noticed that there was definitely something out in the yard, and it had been moved (if it was the same object) from where I'd seen it in the middle of the night over to under a tree on the other side of the yard. Curiosity almost got me, but I was busy getting breakfast together, I didn't really feel like wretching all morning, and I just wanted to watch GMA and get ready for work.

So I've asked Leo to check it out when he gets home. I can't wait to find out what it is...I think it's a squirrel. It looked fluffy, anyway. Not sure if its a bunny. It had to have been dead when it arrived, because Jake has no trace of blood on him at all. ::sigh:: So gross. Dogs are so, sooo gross!

I've asked Leo to take pictures, so don't worry...I'll have documentation of what it is to share at a later time. :)

2 comments:

faithstwin said...

I don't believe you. I'm still waiting for the boobs! SHOW US THE BOOBS!

Nora said...

The suspense is killing me! What was in the yard???