Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whew!

::wiping brow:: Well, my job is officially safe. (For now...)

But today is gonna suck in so many ways, it hurts to be here. Last year, when we went through layoffs at my company, it wasn't so hard. My boss and I sat in a remote area of the office, and the rest of the team was spread out all over the building. But then we had a cube reconfiguration so that teams were sitting closer together, and while I lost the window seat I'd previously had, I also gained the position of being much closer to my team that I work for. This allowed me to get to know them better, and interact with them more.

And so losing such a huge amount of them like this? Well, let's just say that I've already had to hold back the tears a fair amount of times today, and it's only 9:20! ::sigh!::

This is a shitty, shitty day.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Cliff went through this at work Tuesday. It's hard to be happy you still have a job when there are grown men crying because they lost theirs.

Faith said...

Exactly. I can't celebrate. It's not possible. This is the worst I've ever felt while I've been here...