Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Aw, maaan!

So I went to this luncheon today that I thought was being given by my company in appreciation for all that we admin assistants do for them throughout the year. But it turned out that the rooms and food had been provided by the hotel they held the luncheon at...in hopes that we'll all book more meetings and out of town guests there in the future, I suppose. I have no problem with that, really. But if you're gonna bribe me, do it with something more than a chicken breast on some lettuce, ok? Ok.

Anyway, it was a nice effort. I like it when companies make efforts like this to show appreciation for the admins they have supporting their executives. It wasn't anything fancy, and their random guest speaker they had closing the meeting was not very good at speaking so much as just YELLING, and saying the word "awesome" a lot, but whatev.

I won a prize, though. This was a nice change, as I usually do not win prizes of any sort at these things. The executive giving out the prize had two to hand out, and was worried that he might give the wrong prize to the person who'd rather have the other one. I was sitting there thinking I wasn't going to win anything anyway, so he was being silly in my mind, but then he called my name! Wow! I won...

...4 tickets to see Larry the Cable Guy this Saturday at the Midland theater.

Oh.

So I shook his hand, and thanked him, and then as I sat down he announced that the next prize was 6 tickets to attend the Chiefs Draft party this weekend. I literally exclaimed, in one of my unintentionally loudest voices I own, "WHAT? Aw, man!!!"

I felt kinda bad for a second. But then I saw just how excited (read: not at all excited) the recipient of said tickets was to have won them, and I didn't feel bad anymore. The executive said something about a swap, maybe? Yeah, that bitch didn't look interested in walking up to receive her prize, much less swap with me. So fuck that shit. Plus, wasn't it bad enough that I had dissed all the Larry the Cable Guy fans in the room with my fantastically couth outburst? I didn't really think that following that up with a trip across the room to see if the enthusiastically-challenged admin wanted to trade with me was all that great an idea, honestly.

So basically, I have 4 tickets to Larry the Cable Guy this weekend at the Midland, if anyone wants them. It's at 5 p.m. on Saturday. They're in section 202, row L. Not sure if those are good or not. If you like his humor, I'd be happy to give them to you. Since I received them for free, it only seems fair.

I honestly can't use them, anyway. We have friends coming in from out of town this weekend, and there are going to be 6 of us hanging out together, for the most part...not sure if we're getting together on Friday or Saturday, but still. (I really don't enjoy the Larry the Cable Guy type of humor anyway. I'm more of an executive transvestite kinda girl.) Let me know if you want them, or know anyone who might.

6 comments:

m.v. said...

Larry the cable guy is not that bad, but I don't know if I can sit through the whole show. it gets old fast. however, I think you should sell the tickets maybe lower than face value so you can feel you actually won a prize. maybe it will buy you and your friends a lunch or a round of drinks.

Logtar said...

Eddie RULEZ... and well Larry is funny, but I already have plans for Sat.

"The D" said...

You should sell those tickets and take your guest out to dinner.

You could easily by yourself some fancy new snow tires!

faithstwin said...

OMG! Larry THE Cable Guy!? And I went and had a shit trip in NYC instead of planning with smarts so I could be in the right place at the right time? FuuuUUuuuuccckk me!

clw said...

Hey if you don't find anyone who wants them let me know - my cousin and her redneck new bf are coming in town this weekend and they LOVE that shit. LOL I'd go just to make fun of them :-)
Email me if you can't get rid of them - thanks!!
clwm2dlw@yahoo.com

Faith said...

clw, they're YOURS. :D

I'll email ya.