Thursday, May 07, 2009

Aw!

We had Izzy groomed at the Playpen a couple of weeks ago, and she looked so pretty, I had to take pictures! They put bows on her!!!
Ok, she doesn't always look scared of me like that...here, see?

Such a pretty girl! I like that they do bows at the Playpen. They even put one on Jake last week, but it was a manly bow...it was blue, and on his collar. It's waaaay better than the stupid bandanas they used to put on them at the place we used to take them. Blech.

Anyway, I'm just muddling through today. Its been hard for me to focus this week, and Im not sure why. I'm hoping I just need some sleep, so maybe next week will be better? I dunno...

Update on headaches: The MRI results came to me yesterday, and the neurologist didn't find anything abnormal to be concerned about, so he's just keeping my follow-up appointment set for late June.

However, while there was no evidence of stroke or mass in the images (which I hadn't even considered, really...I'm so glad I didn't have a stroke without knowing it? WTF?), there is "minimal mucosal thickening in the mastoid air cells on the left side." This was interesting to me because my headaches all emminate from the left side of my head...when the pain is severe, it shoots through the middle left side of my head to the point where I want to dig my fingers into my brain to make it stop. (That's a common response, or so I've heard. Weird.)

Anyway, looking up the mastoid air cells, and what it can mean to have the mucosal thickening has lead me to think that maybe I have an inner ear infection that no one has diagnosed. I've had a problem with my head feeling like it's got pressure from the inside all the time lately...like my ear needs to pop, but it won't. The headaches were back with a force on Saturday and Sunday, with the flights on Sunday sending them back into that severe level that made me want to cry/scream/break things/etc...

It can be bad if this continues to go untreated, but if they give me the proper antibiotics for it, then my headaches might just go away for good! And this obnoxious ear pressure/head pressure thing needs to go away now. While it doesn't hurt at all, it is really annoying, dammit. I hope the neurologist will help me! I don't wanna have to wait until the end of June to deal with this...

Cross your fingers that they want to help me as much as I want them to. (If they won't help, Ill go back to my doctor here near work and see if they will. It shouldn't be that tough to get an Rx for an inner ear infection, IMO. We'll see...)

3 comments:

faithstwin said...

Holy cow- that makes sense! I was thinking hormones like anonymous had posted in the other comments. But ear infection? I hope it turns out to be something that easy and you can get it fixed, dude!

Logtar said...

Have you thought about acupuncture? I know that acupressure has helped with my headaches in the past. I have never had it done, but Bea says it does work. I have been tempted to see if they can pop the balloon in my stomach. :)

Spyder said...

I hope it's the ear thing. I actually can kinda see 2 faces in your MRI. Weird!