Monday, May 18, 2009

Nothing much of note...

I don't have much to chat about today aside from some tales of ghosty behavior around the Smith household over the weekend, but I can't tell the story sufficiently without an accompanying video (not OF the activity, unfortunately, but of the aftermath which is important to the process), and I haven't uploaded that yet, so you'll just have to wait til tomorrow for that.

Three things to note:
- I won the Preakness pool at the bar on Saturday...$65! We draw horse names out of a bag for a $5 entry fee, and I was lucky enough to draw Rachel Alexandra about 20 minutes before the race. It was awesome.

- I had my hair done over the weekend, and I feel like the highlights are a bit...much this time around. I dunno why. Might get some pics of it and share it with you all to see what you think.

- Um...hm. Guess there were only 2 things to note. Oh well! Told ya there wasn't much going on.

Tune in tomorro...

Wait! I remember what the third thing was! I am planning on starting up with a themed posty thing around here on Mondays. I do this thing....where I sing along with music in my car? I know that might sound unusual, but I do. And sometimes, I'm in the mood to record it. And I thought I might start posting those "videos" for people to check out if they want...or to ignore if they want. You know...I'm breezy. Here's an example for ya. It's me singing an aria I first learned back when I started studying opera when I was 16. It's called "Nel Cor Piu Non Mi Sento", and I just busted it out while driving around one day (while waiting to turn right, apparently) to see if I could still pull it off. And I could...for the most part. I ran outta breath on a crescendo toward the end, but otherwise, its not half bad for someone who hasn't been properly exercising her opera voice in a decade, I think. So, here ya go...


5 comments:

m.v. said...

Wow, you are pretty good, you should here me sing in my car! but next time try without the turn signal :-)

Nuke said...

Faith's Monday Melodies... or some such shit. I don't watch video during the workday (paper thin cubicle walls), but I can check it out in the evenings if I remember. Mondays are HARD around here some times.

Faith said...

Hahaha! I'd totally forgotten about the turn signal until I watched it today to get te embed code. If I had been smart, I'd have used it as a sort of metronome. Oh well...

Nuke, I think I'm going to call it Attention Whore Monday, or something. Because, let's face it...all it is is a cry for attention, eh? That's right. At least I can admit it, dammit!!!

Cheri said...

That's great!

emawkc said...

Bravo! Do you take requests?