Monday, May 11, 2009

PSA re: XO's blog

I just visited XO's blog "Hip Sub White Guy"** and when I tried to leave after I was finished reading, I got spammed, or something by the connection. It was very weird. I closed the link, and in my other open internet window, it started openeing new tabs over and over and over...I think it might have been close to 50 tabs open by the time I was able to shut my computer down 4 minutes later.

No clue how it happened, if it was my machine, or what the deal was, but I just thought I'd warn those who read his blog. And also ask XO to fix it, if it's his blog doing it, so I can read him again when he updates. Until I know it won't happen again, I can't go back there!

Is it me? I've never seen anything like that before, so let me know if you know WTF happened, and if it's not linked to his blog, or whatever.


**Sorry I can't link there! It seriously shut me down for over 5 minutes. Bleh.

8 comments:

"The D" said...

I shall pass the word via twitter

Xavier Onassis said...

I apologize for that! I wasn't aware it was doing that. Certainly not intentional. I'll check it out when I get home. I've been meaning carve out some clutter anyway. Thanks for the heads up!

The DLC said...

I just tried it and nothing weird happened to me. Faith you might want to run anti-virus or something. XO should still get rid of some of those damn widgets, though.

Faith said...

It was very virusy. I hadn't even opened his blog in the window it happened in! All of a sudden, it was like my machine wanted to open hundreds of internet tabs, and they were all running XO's stuff!

I made a comment in the post about the shuttle launch thing. And I read the comments on the little test post. Maybe that's what did it? ::runs to check for viruses::

Xavier Onassis said...

I have not been able to recreate the problem and I haven't had anyone else report a similar problem. I'm not sure what happened.

But TheDLC is right. My blog is bloated with widgets and I need to do a little manscaping.

keepontruckin said...

hahaha...manscaping.

Anonymous said...

Actually, this happened to me last week, and I've been afraid to click any of your linkage because I couldn't remember which one it was. Weird!!

Faith said...

Well, I ran a partial scan, and te computer was fine. I'm running a full system scan now, and hopefully, everything will be ok.

I'll try going there again later, and see what happens. Thanks for checking into it, XO. You're a peach, man. ;)