Friday, May 01, 2009

Waiting to leave...

I'm just sitting, waiting to take off on my ridiculously early flight to Chicago right now, and thought it might be a fun time to fill you all in on my MRI experience.

The machine wasn't scary, which was a pleasant surprise. It's not that I have a specific fear of confined spaces, but let's face it...I'm not exactly svelt, so there was a slight worry about how well I would fit in the machine itself. Pictures of Peter from Family Guy getting jammed in the opening kinda swam through my head a lil' bit.

But it was fine. Took longer than I expected. I almost fell asleep more than once, thanks to the repetitive sounds and the slight vibration at times. Unfortunately, that slight vibration also caused my facial spasms to set in for the duration of the tests. That made it harder to stay still, which is kinda crucial. But I pulled it off. And now I have a disc full of images of my brain...which I haven't had a chance to look at, dammit. Not that I'll know what I'm looking at! But still, I'm interested in looking at it.

Ok, need to shut down now. Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: