Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Just a quick question...

Yesterday, Leo and I were talking about the dinner he was throwing into the crockpot before he headed out for a dentist appointment. He said we had a LOT of chicken, and wanted to know how much of the food I wanted to have left over. I like leftovers, so I told him to throw it all in there, goddammit. (We had bought 3 breasts and 4 drumsticks for this particular meal.) He suggested putting in 2 breasts and two "drummies." I ignored that and said, "Put in whatever will fit ok. I'd like to have at least one drumstick tonight, so make sure there's one in there for me." He again said that he'd put in 2 breasts and 2 "drummies," and the crock pot was pretty full from that.

I finally asked him why he kept calling them drummies. He said because that's what they're called. I said, yes, by gay 12 year olds and their moms, maybe. And he responded that he actually wondered how many times he could say "breasts" in the conversation, because he was getting turned on.

::sigh::

I told him they are drumSTICKS and that I would extend the question to the internet on his behalf in order to figure it out for good.

So, what do you call that part of the chicken, folks? Drumsticks? "Drummies?" Do you just call them "legs" all the time, or do you realize that's the inappropriate term for the drumstick since the drumstick technically (a) isn't a leg, and (b) well...that's all really. It's not a damned leg, so yeah. What say you?

16 comments:

Layla said...

drummies? Really? Seriously?... OK, what's wrong with him?... Everyone knows they are drumsticks. drummies?... sheesh.

Jen said...

Well, considering that you already know how I feel about 'sammiches' and 'sammies', I think my answer here will be obvious. DRUMSTICKS.

Logtar said...

Easy there Jen, Sammiches is a CHICAGO thing, nothing to do with toddler talk here.

Drummies is new to me... I call them legs or drumsticks... Drummies sounds British.

Dan said...

I call them legs. You claim that they aren't really legs, but they function more like legs than they do like drumsticks, don't you think?

Faith said...

Yes, they function like legs, that's true. But the drumstick and the thigh constitute the leg, in my book. The thigh is a separate piece. So when just talking about the drumstick part of the leg, I call it the drumstick. You know what I'm sayin'?

Faith said...

Oh, and that's kind of how it hit me, too, Layla and Jenni. I was all, DUDE. WTF?

Xavier Onassis said...

I call them legs.

But I call breasts "chicken tits".

faithstwin said...

Cracks me UP! Like I said- the girls call them 'chicken bones' because it's the only part of the chicken we normally eat that has bones still in 'em. Otherwise I'd call them legs, myself.

What does he call 'wings'? 'Wingers'?

Donna said...

Never heard them called drummies. They're legs to me, and I grew up in rural areas, watching my mother butcher chickens by the dozens. She called them legs, too. Mother is ALWAYS right.

Serenity said...

Drummies are a miniture drumstick.. part of the Buffalo wing. the little leg looking thing next to the wing itself.

Erin said...

I will now call them drummies!

Faith said...

A miniature drumstick? Part of the...Buffalo wing? Uh-huh. Well. Okeydoke!

Erin, I can't imagine you calling them anything else. Perfect! :D

Nick said...

tibias seems accurate...

I tell my girls to refer tp them as "the chicken's calf and ankle stick."

they just giggle.

Faith said...

Yes! They are the chicken tibia. Dammit, I'm going to start calling them that all the time, and hopefully it will catch on.

Chimpotle said...

As Serenity said, drummies are the mini drumsticks that are served with buffalo wings.

As for the full-size, I usually call them legs, but only because I mainly eat the smoked turkey variety.

Faith said...

Ok, now I'm seriously thinking about these supposed "miniature drumsticks" that come with buffalo wings. I hadn't thought about that before. Are they from a cornish hen? Where the hell do those come from?