Thursday, July 16, 2009

Emmy Noms are out!

YES! Flight of the Conchords was nominated for best comedy, and Jemaine Clement was nominated for best lead in a comedy! The academy isn't being stupid this year! Yaaaa-haaaaay!!!

More info on Emmy noms is here. I also like that Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory (on CBS) is nominated for a best lead in a comedy. (I think Jemaine should beat him, but I still like it.) Leo and I watch that show via Netflix, and find a fair amount of it very funny.

Not as funny as 30 Rock, though. 30 Rock should probably win again this year. Except I like Flight of the Conchords so very much, its a tough call, really.

Does anyone other than me and Emaw watch this shit? Can you weigh in on what you think, please? Thanks!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I have never seen this Flight of the Conchords you speak of, I'll have to check it out!

Faith said...

Yes, please! I'm willing to bet good money you guys will absolutely LOVE it. There's only one season out on Netflix right now, just an FYI.

Layla said...

Robb is a huge fan of Flight of the Conchords and has made me watch a couple, which I have to say I really enjoyed! Just have to find more time together to watch the rest. I know he's super excited about season 2 coming out.

May said...

I <3 Flight of the Conchords, but don't give a crap about award shows.

Faith said...

Layla, yes to finding more time. Also, watching them perform live onstage is fun, too. Their interaction with the crowd and stuff is so, sooo funny!

May, I hear ya on that. I don't even know why I have any interest in it at all, to be honest! I'm an enigma, even to me!

Layla said...

Hey, looks like No Reservations got a few too, that's cool!

Midtown Miscreant said...

FLC is a great show, I heard they are either doing one more season or none. I hope not, Im still pissed at the way Deadwood just up and ended. Weeds is another good one. Though they wont ever see an Emmy, Trailer Park Boys, filmed in Canada is really funny. Think Reno 911 except its petty whiskey tango crooks rather than cops. Its on BBC america, and on DVD too, check it out youll like it.

Midtown Miscreant said...

meant FOC, just too lazy to write Flight of ......

Nick said...

I heard that the Michael Jackson funeral wasn't nominated. Weird, huh? Surprised the family hasn't lawyered up yet....