Thursday, July 09, 2009

A Fine Summery Day

Today is the kind of day out that makes me wish I was 9 years old without a care in the world, hanging out at the country club swimming pool playing straws and swimming so much it makes my lungs hurt. It is warm out, with the kind of mugginess that makes you feel like you're drinking the air more than breathing it. But something about it made me feel good when I was out in it just a bit ago. Instead of hating on the heat and humidity, I wished I could stay out in it and sit under an umbrella by a pool drinking a tea and reading a book.

Instead, I'm at work. Which is fine, I guess.

::sigh:: Being a grown up sucks some days.

(For those of you who know where I work, and have heard the news on the lines, the latest development doesn't affect my team, so I'm good. In case anyone was worried. Which they shouldn't be, anyway, IMO. I think the company is heading to good places as of late, personally.)

4 comments:

Waldo Oiseau said...

I'm right there with ya!

Waldo Oiseau said...

But, I want my own umbrella. with with big blue and white stripes.

Faith said...

You can have your own umbrella, Cate. Just bring the drinks! :D

Jill said...

Ugh, its gorgeous here too. For the first time in forever. And I'm at work. BOO!