Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Updates on random past posts/issues

I started thinking about this yesterday, and realized that I hadn't followed up on a couple of issues that I'd initially posted about back when they were (semi-)interesting to some. So I thought today might be a good catch-up day.

First of all, for those who had been following the Twin's blog, she had to shut it down. I'm not sure if she wants to disclose the reasons for that, so I'll leave it up to her to comment accordingly, if she wants. Since she was the one that updated most often on how my dad is doing, and now those updates are gone, I thought I'd go ahead and let anyone who's interested know that he is still hanging in there. (My dad has pulmonary fibrosis, and had a lung transplant in February 2008.) It sounds like his ability to retain nutrients from any food he's able to eat isn't going well, and his muscle-mass has declined significantly due to that as well as his continually declining ability to move about. He's still getting around the house, but he doesn't really leave unless he has a doctor appointment. He's on oxygen mostly all the time. I'm planning a visit for the end of this month, and am really, really looking forward to seeing him, my step mom, and my brother and sisters and nieces and nephews. I don't really want to say more because, well...I don't know that there's much more to say. But also in the interest of his privacy. I'm not sure what pisses off family that happens to read this blog, if anything, so I'm trying to be careful about it. :)

What about me, you ask? Ok, well, back in April, I had gotten to the point where I was dealing with headaches pretty much every day of the week. They hit an all-time high on April 16th and 17th, which turned into a whole weekend of hell inside my head. A week and a half later, I felt I was on the way to being diagnosed. It took another few weeks, and an MRI that found this guy living in my brain...
...but they finally figured out what was wrong. I have cluster headaches, which made total sense after I read up on what they were. I had a follow-up with my neurologist a week and a half ago, and we seem to be on the right track with the meds I'm on. I realized this morning that I've only had one headache in the past two weeks. Two weeks prior to that, I'd had a severe attack, and so the doctor gave me some pain meds to try should another one occur, and I am going back for another follow-up at the end of August, but it seems like the meds I'm on are doing the job. Thank GOD.

Another thing I need to follow up on is the blue ball. Written about initially here, here, and not anyplace after that, it appears. Which is why a follow up is necessary. The blue ball currently resides under our deck. Because Jake is an asshole, and he took it under there to a spot neither Leo nor I can reach, and he hasn't brought it back out again. The pink kong bone was moved one day while no one was home, but it hasn't happened since then. So things are quiet on that front, unfortunately. (And I miss the blue ball. I don't think Leo does, though.)

I don't think I've left anything else hanging, but let me know if I had talked about something that you want me to follow up on, and I'll do it!

2 comments:

Nuke said...

Glad to hear your Dad is hanging tough! Also please the headaches are coming under control. When I read your links about them I decided that if it was me I mighta offed myself, that stuff sounded severe.

Tell your twin I said Hi and wished her well.

faithstwin said...

I see you here Nuke! Say hi yourself. =)

Yeah- won't get into the reason I took the blog down as there will be legal issues pending once I find the right lawyer. I *am*, however, finding I have a LOT of time on my hands now and may combine that with a blog on recent tv shows I have been watching- namely NYC Prep. Can't get into trouble for voicing my opinion on THAT now can I?

Thanks for the well wishing. I'm hanging in there. A bit sleepless, but the house will be cleaner for it, I guess...