Thursday, August 20, 2009

Elastic waist not necessary.

I love the addition of a little bit of stretch that's been added to pants and stuff over the last few years. Not only does it help the pants I wear keep their shape better while I wear them, but it also helps get things back to a more comfortable place in a quicker amount of time after the pants have been washed.

Today, for instance, I put on a fave pair of black pants from Old Navy that I washed over the weekend. They were snug, but they're clean, so the trade off is even-steven in my book, really.

After 30 minutes had passed, during which I herded the dogs into the kitchen, climbed into the neighbor's car for the ride to the office, got to my desk, and then went pee, my pants were a bit loose on me again. It's not like a "dammit! Now I gotta pull them up all day long!" kinda loose. But more like a "hey! I lost weight since breakfast...awesome!" kinda loose.

Thanks to pants like these, I'll never have to be one of those fat chicks that has to start buying the pants that look like they're your standard fly-type pants, but have the "hidden" (hint: no it's not) elastic around the back part of the waist band to help make room for that ice cream I might've had after dinner last night. (Ok, not so much "ice cream" as it was "beer" but it was a present from the neighbor for Leo's birthday! I couldn't let it just sit there without being consumed. That would be rude.)

And for those that wonder why I don't , as a fat chick who knows she's a fat chick, just lose a little weight and wear whatever the fuck pants I wanna wear, my body simply disagrees with that idea. It seems to have a moral/religious/fundamental of some sort argument with it, and I'm not one to get in the way of an argument with a body and it's fat. (I've tried before, and it got uugllyyy! ::sucks in breath through teeth:: Bad.)

1 comment:

Jill Pilgrim said...

Hahaha- Faith, you crack me up!