Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's just so...WET.

I am fucking sick and tired of all the rain. While I don't mind a cooling or refreshing shower now and then (maybe up to once a week? Perhaps? PLEASE!), the consistent downpours that have been taking place a majority of the time lately is ridiculous in my book. And totally unnecessary.

And then the rain had to go and mix itself with the first day of school along my route to work this morning. Which was really awesome. (Except it was kind of the opposite of that.)

That said, there is a spot in my drive to work where the one lane (each way) road gets a bit narrow, and when someone is turning left, traffic tends to stack up behind them because we can't pass on the right hand side. Of course, this happens right where the only school along my route is, so there's general mayhem occurring anyway because of the kids and the crossing guard and the signal they have for pedestrian crossing. And God forbid I have the dogs in the car with me on the way to the daycare, because then my ears are treated to the ear-pearcing barking maylay that ensues because HOLY FUCKING SHIT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE AND WE NEVER SEE PEOPLE ANYWHERE EXCEPT FOR YOU AND DAD AND THE NEIGHBORS AND THE MAILMAN AND THE PEOPLE AT THE DAYCARE AND THE PEOPLE WHO WALK BY THE HOUSE AND JEEZY EFFING CHREEZY I'M ALMOST POSITIVE THAT ONE IS CARRYING A TREAT FOR ME LEMME OUT SO I CAN GO GET IT!!!

And I hate it when they get like that.

So I'd really like to figure out a way to make it so that turning left onto that street from the one I travel on is illegal. At least during certan parts of the day, like, oh, during rush hour. There has to be another way for people to get there. A back way, if you will, which is more mysterious and almost taboo sounding, so why wouldn't it be the route of choice anyway, I wonder?

6 comments:

emawkc said...

Take Nall instead.

Faith said...

Um. Yeah...it is Nall. ;) (The spot I'm talking about is at about 87th-ish? I can't remember what the signal is after it to the south, but the one before it is definitely 83rd.)

faithstwin said...

How do you know those people AREN'T carrying treats! The dogs may be perfectly sound in reacting the way they do. You're so judgmental...

emawkc said...

Take Lamar instead?

Faith said...

I got a ticket on Lamar a week and a half ago for going 37. I'm avoiding it until they agree with my logic and reasoning that a 25 max speed limit is just ludicrously low, and basically is pandering to the eleventy billion schools that exist between 103rd and 75th Street. Those kids need to learn how to fend for themselves, like they do over on Nall!!!

Twin, if they could learn to just whine a little in anticipation of the treats that might be coming their way, I'd be less likely to yell back at them to SHUUUUUT UUUUUPPP!!! It's a vicious and ugly cycle for all of us, I'm telling ya.

Spyder said...

I'm tired of the muddy paws!