Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wednesday Blah

I don't know what causes this, but I usually have a hard time getting out of the house for work in the morning every week come Wednesday morning. Maybe it's because it's the first day of the week that I need to close the puppies into the kitchen, and leave them home alone for 7 and a half hours. I love my puppies, and I really wish I could stay home and play with them all day long, like I do on the weekends...

I mean, who wouldn't love spending time with these little guys?
A few months after we brought Jake home, he started systematically tearing out the bottom lining of the brown chair we have in our living room. It kind of pissed me off when he was doing it, because that chair is an absolute favorite thing for me, and I didn't want it ruined! But then I realized that the lining was really superfluous, and I stopped caring. And it turned out that he was making future plans under there, because while he fit just fine under the chair when he was 5 - 8 pounds of fluffy wonderfulness as a puppy, now that he's 14 pounds and a very tall little dude (thanks to his poodle side), he wouldn't be able to fit under there had he not prepared it accordingly. It's his favorite place to chill out on a hot day, or to escape to when mommy is yelling and screaming about needing to listen when she calls for him to come inside.


Izzy is a top of the chair kinda girl.


Here she is after a particularly trying day of chasing toys, and humping Jake...
Too...tired...to...put...tongue...inside...mouth.


This is one of my favorite pictures of my puppies to date. Yes, I'm aware of how soft and cushiony I must be for them, so you can just shut it!


But lookit the cuuuute! Awwwww!

I don't care how fat and scary I look (where are my knee caps? Holy jeezy, they've disappeared!), I had to share the adorableness of those puppies when they're asleep, so everyone can understand what endears them to me. Because, to be honest, sometimes it's hard to figure it out when they're tearing around, growling, barking, and attacking each other mercilessly. Last week, for instance, they were in the grooming area of the Puppy Playpen so that Izzy could get a bath and Jake could get his nails trimmed, and they were apparently going at it, as per usual. And the grooming assistant was all, "Oh my god! Get them away from each other!" And the owner of the Playpen asked who was fighting, and she walked over to where she could see and continued, "Oh...that's just Jake and Izzy. They're brother and sister...that's what they do." Yep. Indeed it is.

3 comments:

faithstwin said...

Your legs look like Barbie legs...

Puppies are so cute!

Faith said...

Hahahaha! Ew. Too bad the rest of me doesn't look like Barbie.

Jill said...

So.Cute.