Saturday, September 19, 2009

The bars in this town SUCK

Yeah, turns out that the Tanners on Wornall doesn't have the goddammed college game day package they'd need in order for me to watch the USC game today. Had I known that yesterday, I would have gone to goddammed 810Zone, since they're apparently the only fucking place in town that has the package at this point!

I'm PISSED. And I'm trying to calm down, but I have to say, its hard. Got some food, and that helped, but still. Wtf is wrong with everyone? "We don't get the crowd that gives us a need for that package," they say. If you DID have it, you WOULD get that crowd, you morons!

I might try the Granfalloon. I seem to recall them having it once upon a time.

Grrrrr!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on.

I've also noticed some of the bar managers/staff are full of themselves (cough)Fuel(cough)

Anonymous said...

Bars that attract the crowd that still watches college sports are the bars I go out of my way to avoid. Thankfully there are many good options in this town for places where you can get a quiet, peaceful drink and good conversation.

Faith said...

The crowd that STILL watch college sports? Um, what? As in, you're currently waiting for that "fad" to fade, so all the bars and establishments that aren't in your grandma's house finally quiet down, so you can have a drink in the peace and quiet as God intended?

I'm sorry...I'm just not following that logic, so correct me if I'm wrong on that. Sports bars are sports bars. There are plenty of other kinds of bars that you can go to if you don't want to watch a game, FFS. Maybe that's what you meant, anon, but you came across more on the condescending edge, as though those of us that "still" watch college sports anyplace other than shut up tight in our own homes, with the blinds drawn, and the volume turned down so as to not disrupt the peace of the neighborhood are just a bunch of troublemaking hoodlums, systematically ruining all the bars that are...quiet, mellow places to hang out.

Personally, I go out to a bar so I can watch upwards of 3 games at a time. I don't have that dream living room yet where I can afford the space and cable connections to be able to do that sorta thing at home, you know?

Jeezy, people are weird...

faithstwin said...

YOu said it sista!

Fuckin' loonies posting anonymously...

Faith said...

And to be fair, I like a good peoplewatching bar as much as the next guy...Harry's in Westport is and always has been a favorite for me, and they don't have a single t.v. in the place, dammit.

But during football season? On a Saturday? I needs me a sportsbar, pure and simple.

Erin said...

omg, that anon comment was so self righteously entertaining I almost lol'd a bit in my pants.

(I'm test driving that phrase w/ you Faith)

Faith said...

(Yes. ::nodding voraciously:: Test drive successful!)