Thursday, September 10, 2009

Oh, we meant only *good* reviews, thanks.

I received an email today from Crate & Barrel telling me that my review of a product I had purchased from them (our couch) was "not successfully posted." It wasn't posted because it "didn't meet one or more of [their] guidelines or terms of use", according to the email.

Ok, first of fucking all, I posted that comment weeks ago. I don't even remember what I wrote, except that it was unfavorable overall, and I think I gave the couch 2 out of 5 stars. But I can tell you for sure that when I write reviews for products, I do not cuss, I do not get beligerent if I didn't like said product, and I follow the damned guidelines and terms of usage agreements. I want to HELP people with my reviews, not get snarky, FFS. Our couch didn't live up to what we needed it to. It's our only couch, so it's not like we only sit on it when company is over...we're on it for a good 6 - 10 hours, depending on the day. We told this to the salesperson who sold it to us, and asked if it could live up to two 200 pound people sitting on it all the damned time. The salesperson told us it would be a great couch for years to come. The fabric is decent, so I'll give it that. But while we like our couch, we don't love it. And we need to love it...we live on the damned thing, for pete's sake! The cushions need to be rotated every other day, it seems like, and we've only had it for 3 years. It shouldn't have to be like this, is how I feel. If I'm paying $1700 for a couch, the fucking springs had better not be poking into my ass 2 years into ownership, mkay?

There isn't really a second of all, now that I think about it. Just an expanded thought on the first of all, which is why the hell are they denying the posting of the comment now? WTF? It's literally been at least 2 months since I discovered that C&B had the option to post reviews, and then posted one of my own. (I was bored that day...it filled the time.)

In looking at the latest reviews, it looks like they have another dissenter at the top of their list! (Who has similar complaints to mine, actually...) I wonder how long it'll be before that review gets the shaft, too?

I responded back to their email to me in a similar manner, and hope it doesn't get dropped into some random black hole of customer service replies. I don't know if I will hear back from them before winter arrives, but I thought I'd go on record and say that this definitely put the nail in the Crate & Barrel coffin for me. I won't be purchasing their shit again, if this is how they treat customers. Fuck that shit...I think I'm going custom made on my next sofa, dammit.

1 comment:

faithstwin said...

Yeah, my Jennifer Covertibles sofa has passed its prime but is still pretty comfy. I even discovered I can take the covers off the cusions and wash them successfully with no shrinkage. The girls want a new couch but for me? It's finally comfy enough for me to take a really nice nap on. I think we paid $700 for this puppy.

If I were to buy a new couch I would go to Bassett. My table from them is fantastic (if not a little bit useless...) and I think a couch made by them would stand the test of time. You might try them, or at least look into them, when you are ready to dump the C&B mess.