Thursday, September 24, 2009

There's no time...

(Blue ball came back! It showed up last night as Leo and I ate dinner. I went to the bathroom at one point, and on my way back into the living room, I noticed it had been placed behind a picture of my mother on top of the bookcase. Which I thought was sweet...I'm leaving it there.)

I just had to go learn how to unpack and repack Leo's wound in his back from the cyst that absessed last week, and had left a 1 inch hole in him at that time. Thank goodness it's down to about a 1/2 inch long incision, and only about a 1/2 inch deep, near as I could figure, but DAMN. Da-a-amn. GROSS. I am NOT cut out for the nursing thing! I think I need to go ahead and turn in my safety marshal whistle for work now, because that was damned tough to do on my husband, and the wound isn't even seeping or anything any more.

Thank goodness there are people out there that can handle seeping wounds! That actually like seeping wounds, and can stuff gauze in them until the cows come home! And if they don't make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year for looking at, touching, squeezing, and then stuffing gauze into seeping wounds, then goddammit, they should.

I only have to deal with this thing every other day until we come home from vacation, so I shouldn't have to look at it more than twice, but still. [Insert grossed out face here] Leo should be damned glad that thing is on his back, and he doesn't have to look at it as they stuff gauze into it. ::shudders::

Ok, done talking about this now. Sorry...

4 comments:

GB, RN said...

This post is useless without pics...lol.

faithstwin said...

Eeeewwww. I'll gladly do it for you. For $290. :D

Jill Pilgrim said...

You are a very, very, very good wife.

Spyder said...

I second twin's Eeeewwww!