Saturday, December 05, 2009

Oops. Sorry!

I was a little tipsy last night when I wrote my last post. So, sorry if it came off a little harsh! I am having a rough week, emotionally, because my dad isn't doing well right now and it's been a roller-coaster as far as his status is concerned. It's taking a toll.

But yeah...I'm still not changing my avatar because it bugs someone. ::shrugs::

I just watched a Folgers commercial that was disturbing to me. Anyone else see it? It's about a brother who apparently lives/works in Africa, and he comes home for the holidays, I assume. He gets to the front door, and his little sister greets him, and from there on out, it's just creepy. He seems taken aback by how different/grown-up she looks, and then they're in the kitchen getting coffee, and he gives her a present, and she takes the bow off of it and sticks it on him, saying, "You're my present." And then the camera gets a close-up of his face, and he looks at her with this tender look in his eyes...

Ick. Ick, ew, BLECH! The incestuous vibes of the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way.

I hate Folgers.

4 comments:

Nuke said...

I am sure Logtar was being witty, not trying to give you a hard time.

I know, from previous posts, that you haven't been talking bout some big things in your life right now. I wish I could come up with a funny bout blowjobs or something, but the truth it I am just wishing the best I can for you, the twin, and the whole famn damily.

Share what you want, withhold what you want, and don't feel like you need to defend. Even if we don't always say the right things I can say for sure that folks like Logtar and I are pulling for you.

faithstwin said...

Nuke, you have always been so kind and open and thoughtful- I really hope women in your life treat you REALLY well. You deserve it in so far as the blog world goes.

I'll let Faith update on Dad as she deems necessary. It's not good but he is as comfortable as he can get while still breathing it seems.

Life sucks right now, though.

Nuke said...

I kinda hate having to untoot my horn Twin, but being supportive on the internet is easy. It takes a few minutes to think of something kind to say, type it in, and hit spell check. I wish I could do more. This time every year I wish I could do more for so many people. Instead I sit here and say kind things.

Don't get me wrong, it's all true. I do hope for the best for you girls and your family in this difficult time. It just doesn't always seem like enough.

As for the woman in my life, I am the lucky one. I keep worrying she will wake up and smell the mediocrity. She can do SO much better.

Logtar said...

I am always supportive, I was just trying to be funny and failed... I could not find another way to describe the devil looking dude.

All kidding aside, I honestly don't know what to say about what you are going through because it is hard for me to relate to some if not most of it. So instead of saying something that I don't think will be my place I make dumb jokes.

Nuke is always right!