Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I AM an Anne Taintor girl, is the thing. Most women are, actually...

My 2009 calendar at my desk was fucking awesome. It was an Anne Taintor calendar that said things like, "Honey, you couldn't handle half of me" and "Think of me as a challenge" on varying months. I miss it so much! I'm headed off to Target at lunch to buy a better water bottle for the gym, and to look for a new desk calendar. ::sigh:: I fear that no other could ever live up to 2009. Dammit.

My coworker on the other side of the cube wall from me used to come over and see a new month was up, and checked it out to get a giggle. He took it home with him last week, so he could show it to his wife. And on Monday, I heard him calling to me from the other side of the wall...

"Faith. Hey, Faith!"
"What's up?"
"You could be, like, half of the women in this calendar..."
::walking over to his aisle, seeing a crowd around his desk looking at the calendar:: "Actually, most every woman you all know is likely ALL of the women in that calendar, at any given point in time! Heehee!"

Another coworker found it so giggle-worthy, I told him he should check out the website. I hope he did. It cracks me up when a straight-laced, 50-something engineer finds something like Anne Taintor for the first time, and it shows a new side of his personality to me that I never knew existed. ::high-fives self for exposing people to humor they might need::

6 comments:

faithstwin said...

Anne Taintor is a genius. I still smile whenever I use my mug that says, "Maybe I like looking cheap," on it.

I bet Borders has a 2010 Anne Taintor calendar. Unless you are looking for something new.

Faith said...

I would totally be happy with another A.T. calendar. It seems like she has a bunch of new stuff, looking at her website! I just don't understand why she doesn't have calendars on her website. ::kicks website for not having what I need::

I'll check Amazon, and see what's out there.

Faith said...

AUGH! They do have them!!! Hahahaha! Just the cover alone is making me giggle waaay too much right now!

But, they're $30. Um, no. I bought mine last year for $13, and that's what I plan to do again, TYVM! I might hit Barnes & Noble, too, if they don't have anything at Target...

Average Jane said...

I love Anne Taintor!

anne said...

You are too,too,too kind! My office forwarded me a link to your blog, and it made my morning.
Just so you know: the reason we don't have calendars on our website is that we don't manufacture them ourselves; they are licensed to our pals at Chronicle books. But I think that for 2011 we'll have to make a point of carrying them. I hope you enjoy your 2010 calendar as much as you enjoyed 2009!
Thanks so much for the lovely mention in your blog!

Faith said...

Holy cow...Anne Taintor came to comment on my blog! ::dies over the coolness::