Thursday, January 07, 2010

Where the hell is that breeze coming from???

There's an untraceable breeze in my living room. It's not perceptible at temperatures above 10 degrees, apparently, because I never noticed it before this week. But it's definitely there. I just can't figure out from where.

It's driving me a little mad.

There are a lot of people that are all, "This is nothing! I've lived through worse weather than this, so all you sissies need to suck it up!" And to a certain extent, I get that sentiment, and I mostly agree much of the time.

But like I told Leo today, if I'd wanted to live someplace with sub-zero temps and constant snow in the winter, I'd have moved to Canada, FFS. But I didn't. So I will continue to suck it up for approximately 3 more days, perhaps, before I start to KICK SOME ASS!

You've been warned, Ma Nature! Do not test me, beyotch. ::gives side-eye to Mother Nature::

9 comments:

faithstwin said...

I think Mother Nature maaayyy be a bit confused because I, too, have been giving her side-eye. I am DONE with this near-80-degree weather we are having going into mid January. She is probably getting a LOT of shit from a LOT of people right now. You would think she would be better at customer service after all these years.

Nora said...

Maybe that breeze is not actually a breeze...maybe it's Jeffers trying a new trick!

Donna said...

I'm sick of it too, and I was born in Iowa and raised in Iowa and Missouri; but enough is enough.
About the breeze, check around your electrical plugins. sometimes a breeze will make its way through those.

statia said...

Crap. Nora beat me to it.

GB, RN said...

What Nora said...

Logtar said...

Chicago Rules! we have had moderate snow from this SNOWPOCALIPSE and temperatures have been berable exept for a day or two. Canada's winters are freaking horrible... been there done that.

About the draft, I have found doors to be the culprits most of the time. An easy solution is an old rolled up towel under it... that has worked for me.

faithstwin said...

You need one of those door draft thingies that slide on the bottom of the door and slide on the floor even when you open and close the door. It's this:
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=349

Faith said...

It's not from the doors, though. Don't you think that if it was coming from the doors, I would've titled the post differently? You guys need to give me more credit than this. ::shakes head sadly at loyal readers::

::also shakes head sadly at strange obsession some loyal readers have with my house ghost::

Last night, I figured out it has to be coming from the floor. And the new FLOR tiles are not thick enough to insulate our poor feet from the damned winds that are somehow pushing their way into our crawlspace, and making us somewhat miserable. It's crazy. I want 30 degrees back, dammit.

Spyder said...

Sounds like you need to have insulation installed in the crawl space.