Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Another year, another goofy birthday...

It was my birthday yesterday. (And by default, that means it was the Twin's birthday, too. So comment accordingly, if you wanna. I sent her a truckload of meat from Omaha Steaks for her to celebrate with. And then she called me yesterday afternoon and said, "Where the hell am I supposed to put all of this?!!" I told her that it was incentive to clean out her freezer. And part of her fridge. And it was one of the smaller packages they sell, so she should suck it up, dammit.) I started celebrating over the weekend, really, since the birthday fell on a Monday this year, which is kinda sucky.

Friday night, we kicked things off with the pitcher of margaritas.

Saturday, Leo made me a cake, and the plan was to have king crab legs, and a side of potatoes for dinner. The potatoes were a big mistake though. They were yummy...don't get me wrong. But they took up valuable and precious tummy space that should have been taken up by crab, and crab alone. It was Leo's fault (as usual). He asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I told him about the crab legs.

"What do you want with them?"
"Butter!"
"No, I mean on the side..."
"Butter!"
"Ok, but as a side dish...?"
"Why are you not getting this butter thing? Ok, fine. Mashed potatoes with horseradish."

It sounded good at the time! But after eating all that delicious crab (and - eh-em! - some butter) along with a scoop of potatoes, I was just so damned FULL. The cake stayed in the fridge, and we weren't able to crack into it after all. ::sad face::

It worked out, though...we just took it with us to the bar to share with our friends on Sunday at halftime. That was more fun, in the long run.

See? CAKE! Very festive, fun, football-ish cake for to be eaten at the halftime...

Our friends were all, "What's with the Swedish fish?" We had gone out the night before to get sour mix, some cheesy poofs (because I'm allowed to eat whatever the fuck I want to on my birthday weekend, dammit), and some candy. I wanted Red Vines, but the midwest has something against Red Vines, so it's very hard to find them anywhere other than Target. We were at a Price Chopper, which had a multitude of varieties of Twizzlers, which are not the same thing as Red Vines. So I got Swedish fish, and a small box of Junior Mints. We had a few on Friday night, but then put the bag away in the cupboard...and then Leo used them to decorate with the following day. (Side note: Swedish fish are surprisingly yummy with cream cheese frosting on them.)

Jake: Is that a cake?

Jake: Mmmm...want cake...

...WAAAANNNNT CAAAAAAKE...

(How weird does he look in that picture, anyway? His eye looks like it's migrating to the back of his puppeh head! Hahahaha!)

Then we went to the Blue Moose to watch the Superbowl (which is always trying to steal my birthday thunder, dammit!), where I wore my wedding tiara, per request of my friend Dave.

The beer was my sceptor, dammit. I was Queen of the Baaaar! (Oh, and I got bangs cut back into my hairstyle again, in case you were wondering. Oh, you don't care, you say? But...I'm Queen of the Baaaaar!!!)

The cake...the cake...the cake is on fiyah...

How am I gonna blow all those mutherfuckers out?

(Good lord...the boob shelf. It must GOOOO...)

Leo humored me, and wore the tiara, too. He's such a good husband!

Then, yesterday, I got a present from the Twin in the form of a box of treats from Dean & Deluca! It was Hawaiian themed. Macadamia nuts, organic dried pineapple, some black salt that I have no idea how to use, but will figure it out! As well as some white honey, and some avocado oil that I cannot WAIT to try!
And there was a sugar flower, too. Lookit the pretty!
All in all, it was a really good birthday. I plan on doing a lot of shit this year, so it should be a good one. Kicking it off with the kitchen remodel, which should start in the next couple of weeks, and then I'm getting a boob reduction in April, or so. And I plan on losing a good 30 - 40 pounds, too. (Helpful tip: Do not go to get your annual blood test results on your birthday. Unless you are in perfect health, you'll just wind up being depressed. Trust. But I don't have diabetes, so all you hatahs can suck my big left toe. :P I just have cholesterol issues. Which can easily be solved with (even more...::sigh::) diet and exercise changes. Done and done. Woo! By the way, Leo and I are planning on starting the South Beach Diet, per suggestion of our doctor, next week. If anyone has any helpful tips about that route to weight loss/management, please feel free to share them with me either in the comments, or via email, which is faithsista at yahoo. Thanks!)

Here's to hoping for a good year! Cheers!

12 comments:

Ms. Pants said...

Happy birthday twinsies!! WOOO!!

Meat and nuts. I'm sensing a phallic theme here....

Also-- Team Buttah. On tha side.

Alisha said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

faithstwin said...

There isn't a recipe suggestion for the black salt? Jeeze. At least your present to me came with a whole recipe booklette. It's so funny- I was totally thinking of getting YOU Omaha steaks but ended up finding Dean and Deluca instead.

I would give you diet tips but I am trying to figure out how to get on that wagon myself while I consume many lbs of yummy meat, hot dogs and twice baked potatoes in the coming days. =P

faithstwin said...

Hmmm- the black salt may be a bit more difficult than I thought. Looking it up I see it is used primarily in Indian recipes and has a strong sulfuric flavor.

Apparently it is pretty yummy if used when pickling items- I would use it if I were doing a quick pickled red onion and cucumber salad.

Nuke said...

Happy B-day to both you crazy (in a great way) girls!

GB, RN said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great day.

Glad to hear you don't have teh diabeetus.

Faith said...

Thanks you guys!

And no, Twin...no recipe for the black salt accompanied said black salt. But good call on looking some up before just throwing it into the chili we make later this week. :D Mmmm...sulfuric chili...

statia said...

Funny how the coasts stand divided on Twizzlers vs. Red Vines (Twizzlers, FTW, btw, as I am an east coast girl and think red vines are fucking foul as shit).

Happy birthday to you and your shared DNA.

faithstwin said...

That's funny Statia- I must have more east coast in me than I thought: I love Twizzlers just as much as I love Red Vines.

MMmm... Swedish fish dipped in cream cheese frosting...

Faith said...

Yeah, and to be clear, I don't necessarily dislike Twizzlers. I like to have maybe 2 or 3, but that's my limit. After that, they start tasting like cough syrup to me. Whereas Red Vines can be consumed with no limit, and still taste delicious to me.

Nora said...

Happy Birthday to you and Twin!!

Damn...I wish someone would send me meat on my birthday...Oh wait...nevermind...

sdchickrawker said...

happy belated bday to you and the twin :)